The Legal team of Asset Management & Investments in Luxembourg offers development opportunities in a successful and diverse environment. We observe high standards of individual behaviour and business conduct and as the second level of control, we work closely with the business to support good compliance practices within the group. An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel based in Luxembourg and interested in working in an international, challenging, and fast changing environment You will be part of an international legal and compliance department at a Luxembourg management company/alternative Investment Manager Fund with branches in London, Milan, Munich, Madrid and France.
Vontobel offices are implemented across the USA, Europe in particular in Switzerland and APAC that has grown rapidly and is continuing to expand internationally. We will offer you a friendly work environment that invites you to expand valuable knowledge and experience, explore opportunities and discover a place for you. What would your role be?
What are we looking for?
- Provide legal advice and expertise to internal stakeholders on product life cycle as well as distribution, contract law, and corporate related matters
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the whole range of legal documents and agreements with internal and external parties (e.g., prospectuses and regulatory filings, investment management and advisory agreements, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements)
- Monitoring asset management legal and regulatory environment, ensuring the company's compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Identify legal risks and propose strategies to mitigate them. Advise on potential legal issues and provide proactive solutions to minimize legal liabilities
- Bachelor degree in law (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years' experience as an in-house Legal Counsel in Financial Services especially in the Asset Management or Investment Funds Industry
- Strong legal drafting and communication skills in English (German, French or Italian would be an advantage)
- Good attention to detail
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Keen to find innovative solutions and to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .