Are you looking for a new opportunity in dealing with international clients? Are you a team player? Are you looking for opportunities to develop yourself through experience and training? And make use of the many possibilities to grow in a large and international organization with presence in 80 countries? TMF Group in Luxembourg is currently looking for a: Legal Officer - German speaker Client focused - full time - Luxembourg Job Purpose:
The Legal Officer handles legal/corporate secretarial matters for clients and advisors, provides excellence in customer service, manages a portfolio of clients and develops (close) work relationships with advisors and clients in consultation with the Senior Legal Officer, Supervisor or Team Leader. Your profile:
- LL.M or a lawyer's qualification in Corporate Law
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience in Luxembourg (Trust, Law firm)
- Fluent communication, both written and spoken, in German and English are required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound organizational skills
- A team player who can work independently as well
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Informing screening committee about prospective/potential client
- Setting up of new client companies
- Preparing service agreements
- Arranging for the nomination/resignation of directors/managers, change domicile of companies etc
- Transfer in/completion of legal files
- Opening of bank accounts and arrange for bank authorities/signatory powers
- Arranging for registrations at Chamber of Commerce and other obligatory registrations
- Performing ad hoc legal tasks like review and preparation of relative simple legal documents where no consultation is needed from an expert legal counsel e.g. loans, share transfers, POA's, resolutions to amend the articles of association and the process thereof
- Maintaining contact with and consulting expert counsel whenever necessary, as well as on behalf of (and in consultation with) the client requesting services from expert legal counsel and to monitor progress thereof. Likewise for notarial matters
- Maintaining contact and meeting with (and when necessary visit) clients and their representatives
- Making minutes of the meetings
- Corresponding with involved third parties, independently or in consultation with the Team Leader, Supervisor or Senior Legal Officer and/or Management
- Updating Viewpoint
- Executing all the necessary to have TMF Group and clients perform according to Compliance and AML rules
- Develop close relationships with clients and intermediaries for business development
- Complete on a daily basis his/her time-writing to ensure appropriate chargeability and proper invoicing of the work performed on behalf of clients
- Excellent working conditions
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.