We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Alter Domus in Luxembourg is looking for a Legal Officer, for the Depositary Company in Luxembourg. In performing the role, you will work with other members of the Depositary team. The Legal Officer position represents an administration role within the business, focused on supporting the Depositary team to meet all the service requirements of our clients:
- Supporting the Luxembourg Depositary team in providing depositary deliverables as defined in the AIFMD.
- Analyse funds in advance of take on to ensure a full understanding of their purpose, structure and activity in order to formulate effective and appropriate monitoring programmes in compliance with the AIFMD.
- Perform Due Diligence in respect of depositary customer portfolio and third parties.
- Preparing of draft agreements, operating memorandums and other supporting documents for future and actual clients in compliance with the legislation in force.
- Perform oversight duties in accordance with the AIFMD, working with in-house service specialists as required.
- Establish effective communication with clients, the Fund Administrators as necessary third-party agents and professional advisers to support the depositary work being performed;
- To ensure that the integrity of structures to which depositary services are provided are always protected
- Responsible for reporting to the Depositary Manager.
- Legal background (Bachler / Master);
- An understanding of the role of a Depositary under AIFMD preferable;
- An understanding of the purpose, structure and operation alternative investment funds under AIFMD preferable;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills; the ability to plan and organise yourself to meet all Depositary deadlines, and to be objective at all times;
- Strong analytical skills;
- A determination to ensure that structures are thoroughly understood, and risks identified and consistently monitored;
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating workloads and the analytical demands of the role;