- CDI, Plein-temps
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 12 oct. 18
Legal counsel, expert of the Belgian market (M/F)
We are looking for a Legal Counsel expert in Belgian Law to provide legal input and advice to the development of the company's product, partner relationships, documentation and business development processes.
Legal counsel, expert of the Belgian sector (m/f)
We are looking for a Legal Counsel expert in Belgian Law to provide legal input and advice to the development of the company's product, partner relationships, documentation and business development processes in general with a focus on the Northern European market.
On a daily basis, the Legal counsel will:
- Draft and manage legal documents such as insurance documents (application forms, general conditions, policy schedules,…), business and service agreements, pledges and guarantees, etc;
- Develop excellent working relationships with our network of business Partners, providing them with guidance and support on all legal aspects of the company's client cases;
- Advise and provide trainings to management and staff on legal matters;
- Legal watch (new laws and regulations relevant to our business) conducting legal research and follow-up on legal and regulatory changes to ensure the company is well placed to respond to changes;
- Manage complaints and litigation, liaising with external counsels, in order to support the corporate position;
- Participate in corporate projects and product development;
- Ensure full compliance with all Group legal and local requirements that are within the scope of the legal function especially defining risks and legal and regulatory requirements.
The candidate profile
- Full legal education, ideally Belgian Law degree as well as Bar admittance;
- 2-5 years' post qualification experience, preferably in the financial sector, with first exposure on the insurance or the life insurance sector;
- Contract drafting skills is essential, experience in the fields of contractual risks and management of complaints/litigation;
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn, flexible, ability to work in a team and under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, exercise sound judgment and creativity in finding solutions;
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in any other European language is an asset.
Our client is a financial company