Manager AML/KYC TA oversight
Manager AML/KYC TA Oversight Who we're looking for
We in the distribution control department are looking for a self-starter colleague, that can work independently, has strong analytical skills, is flexible and has strong knowledge in AML/KYC and TA registration. We are responsible for the performance of initial and ongoing due diligence on Schroders' clients. We are all curious, interested in delivering high quality reports that the management can use to take decisions. Ideally, our future colleague should have a good understanding of distribution in the public and alternative assets space. The candidate will have to be fluent in English and any other spoken European language would be a value add. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. What you'll do
The role of the Oversight function is to maintain a robust oversight governance framework that supports Schroders Europe global operating model; ensuring adherence to prescribed outsourcing regulations, monitoring performance against agreed SLA deliverables and promoting a partnership approach with our outsourcing service providers for AML/KYC related subjects.
Effective management of day to day responsibilities pertinent to the governance of outsourcing service providers is expected with an emphasis on department objectives and the implementation of Schroders Europe Oversight Model for existing and new relationships.
The Individual will have at least the following duties and responsibilities:
It would help you if:
- Ensure that the Schroders Europe Oversight Model is appropriate for the business and meets the regulatory requirements and Schroders Europe outsourcing policy by establishing the right Operating Memorandum and SLAs, including KPIs
- Drive and enhance the various controls related to AML/KYC in line with regulatory requirements and market practice for all AML/KYC activities outsourced by Schroders Europe to the service providers for public and private assets
- Ensure all AML/KYC Service Level Agreements, oversight procedures and roles & responsibilities are reviewed annually or earlier if a material change to operational activities occurs
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements with the outsourcing service providers
- Maintain and enhance a scorecard on the AML/KYC activities delegated across the different service providers
- Work and feed the TA Operations and Oversight team on the AML/KYC oversight activities performed
- Participate in all quality management and improvement activities, including participating in key stakeholder committees and meetings
- Act as a point of escalation for AML/KYC related matters and ensure that any escalated issues are resolved quickly and effectively within agreed timescales
- Participate to service call, annual onsite visite and perfom a quarterly sample check on AML/KYC files of the different delegates
- Ensure the timely receipt of accurate and complete reporting including KPIs and other metrics
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required, and actively contribute to AML/KYC related working groups
- Ensure regular and accurate AML/KYC reporting on the oversight activities to Boards and Management
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of specific department performance objectives
What you'll be like
- A proven career in AML/KYC (minimum of 5 years) with in-depth knowledge of AML/KYC regulatory requirements and market practice, particularly in Luxembourg
- A good understanding of the TA processes, familiar with the registration and due diligence activities (IDD/ODD)
- A good understanding of the Commission de Surveillance du Secateur Financier regulations and oversight requirements
- Exposure to digital transformation projects of the client on-boarding and due diligence processes
- Excellent relationship building skills with the service providers and internal stakeholders; Client Service Managers, Money Laundering Reporting Officer, Legal and Compliance.
- A University degree or relevant professional qualification
- A fluent in English skills, another European language would be an asset
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You are a decision taker with solution-oriented mind-set, capable of taking initiatives
- You are able to multi-task, work under pressure with respect to the deadlines
- You are able to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- You are enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude
- You gain commitment through excellent influencing skills
- You never compromise on quality of the AML reviews and adhere strictly to the policy
- You pay good attention to detail while appreciating the bigger picture
- You are focused and follow topics till their full resolution
- You are a teamplayer
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age is.