- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
Manager TA & Reporting Control
Manager TA & Reporting ControlRole Overview
This is a great opportunity to join SIM EU as it becomes a centre of excellence focusing on regulated Management Company activities, best in class client service, governance and product expertise. A new position has been created in our Product division, a core pillar of the Management Company, and will be a key contributor to our 1st line of defence capability.
The Manager of the Transfer Agency and Reporting Control Team, reporting to the Head of Product Control, will have responsibility for managing the team implementing and maintaining the strategic governance framework and controlling the oversight of the Transfer Agency and Reporting control function.
Key functions of the role
• Lead the the Transfer Agency and Reporting control team
• Oversight control on Transfer Agency and Reporting processes with internal and external service providers
• Strong people management via setting SMART objectives, training plans and continuous feedback in addition to respecting the appraisal process set out by Schroders.
• Ensure compliance with the CSSF Circular 18/698.
• Define KPI reporting for Management from the team and ensure all controls are adhered to and exceptions are escalated in a timely manner.
• Use MIS and trend analysis to carry out incident management, including remediation, defining and tracking the preventative actions and long-term control enhancements.
• Work closely with the team managers to implement effective governance controls and reporting in line with Service Level Agreements and KPIs between the Management Company and internal and external Service providers.
• Keep up to date with best market practice to continuously adapt to market changes and active participation in industry forums, conferences and panels to ensure that the Management Company plays a leading role in future industry developments.
• Leading services reviews and due diligence for associated function through on site visits and service review meetings and calls as required.
• Cross collaboration with stakeholders across the organisation and service providers to ensure efficient, transparent and exhaustive oversight.
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Management in the Funds Industry and/or Financial Services industry
• Broad understanding and detailed knowledge of asset activities, i.e. Transfer Agency, Cash Management, FX, Collateral and Reporting
• Strong process knowhow and operational excellent mind set
• Experience based understanding of Transfer Agency operations and Reporting requirements (e.g. regulatory, client and other reporting) and procedures in the Fund Industry
• Proven people management skills and experience of leading a team
• Have a risk-based approach and a strong controls mind-set
• Ability to engage and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and complete assigned work within established timeframes
• Ability to communicate with, and deliver key messages to various levels of Management
• Strong relationship skills in order to coordinate multiple parties involved in implementing changes
• Willingness to approach and appropriately challenge peers and management regarding process and control gaps
• Ability to work effectively with, and influence, colleagues across other functions
• Proven influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fluency in English is essential
• Experience in Transfer Agency set up, development and transformation and in change management would be a significant advantage
• Experience of report writing, ideally in accounting for incidents
• Ability to manage conflicts and resolve ambiguity in complex situations
• Knowledge of another European language would be an advantage