WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- We are one of the largest Real Estate asset managers in the world with $210B Assets under Management and Administration (as of June 30, 2023).
- We live an open, appreciative, inclusive corporate culture! This is reflected in the seniority of our team.
- We're not just talking about family friendliness! The majority of our employees have families; we enable flexible working hours - at the centrally located workplace in the heart of Luxembourg, accessible with LUX tram or multiple bus lines.
- We offer a professional and team-oriented work environment! We have very well-trained, ambitious colleagues who are convinced that together as a team we can achieve our goals better.
- Fair remuneration is important to us!
- You should feel good at work! In our staff lounge we provide you with fresh fruit, nuts and snacks as well as coffee, tea and soft drinks every day.
- Work is not everything! That's why we regularly organize informative office events and summer parties and Christmas parties. In addition, you have 30 days of vacation per year and on Christmas and New Year's Eve to switch off.
- We support you and your family in all situations! Together with partner companies as well as mental health first aiders, we offer life coaching, child and emergency care and individual assistance in challenging life situations.
- We also think of others! With us you have the opportunity to contribute to non-profit organizations.
- We are aware of our responsibility! The real estate industry is responsible for a large part of the global CO2 emissions - PGIM has set itself ambitious goals to change something and you can make your contribution!
PGIM Real Estate's European Operational Risk Management team is responsible for assessing and monitoring risks to PGIM Real Estate's European business operations and for recommending and implementing risk controls that mitigate those risks. The team supports PGIM Real Estate's strategic business objectives by developing and maintaining effective and efficient risk management programs.
Reporting to the Conducting Officer in charge of Risk Management based in Luxembourg, this is a new role to expand the European team. The team is currently seeking a Senior Associate to execute on risk strategies related to PGIM Real Estate's European business operations. You will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that business and Operational Risks, when weighed against business opportunities, are well managed and acceptable.
You will have the chance to get involved across variety of risk areas, including: operational risk, IT risk management, project governance, investment risk. Working with different areas of the business will provide you with the opportunity to gain cross functional experience and build your knowledge of key risk topic. WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As member of our Risk Management team, you will work hand in hand and report to the Conducting Officer in charge of Risk Management based in Luxembourg. A strong risk management framework is already in place therefore, your main tasks will be to:
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Assist with operational risk programs, including but not limited to privacy, third party due diligence, end user computing solutions, regulatory requirements, insurance risk management, records management, business continuity
- Assist with executing all aspects of the Operational Risk Management Framework, including facilitating Risk and Control Self Assessments, documenting top risks and controls, developing action plans to address control gaps and providing effective challenge to the adequacy of controls
- Analyse and report operational risk events, identifying root cause of control breakdowns, developing remediation plans, performing scenario analysis reviews
- Contribute to implement, document and review the risk management framework and policies in Europe
- Establish and maintain relationships with Prudential and PGIM Risk Functions and PGIM Real Estate Businesses and Functional Leaders including, but not limited to internal audit, legal, compliance, operations
- Support the Luxembourg Conducting Officer of Risk by:
- Updating the risk management database;
- Ensuring the fund risk exposures are in line with the Fund Risk Profile and investment restrictions;
- Updating the risk reports and stress tests (market and liquidity);
- Preparing the reporting to the senior management and reviewing the minutes;
- ad-hoc risk related projects and;
- the preparation of the sustainability (ESG) risk report.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Minimum Bachelor's degree from a Business School or University preferably with a specialization in Risk, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 3-5 years of related work experience in risk management, audit or similar function within the institutional asset management business or consulting firm
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who can work independently and is eager to learn
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, capability to interface professionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, being able to summarize and communicate complex issues effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills required and Visio a plus
- Clear and strong English verbal and written communication skills required
WHAT WE DO
- Experience in working in an international and multicultural environment / have a global mindset
- Understanding of the Luxembourg, German and UK regulated fund industry and preferably alternative funds
- Good knowledge of the AIFMD and/or previous experience within AIFM, as well as privacy and other regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of information security risk and controls (e.g. KAIT, Cloud Outsourcing, DORA) and experience on working with IT, InfoSec, operational, procurement and data protection stakeholders
With over 210 billion US dollars in assets under management worldwide, PGIM is one of the international real estate giants. We have 140 years of experience in real estate financing, have invested in commercial real estate for over 50 years and have extensive local knowledge from experts in 35 cities worldwide. We are committed to practices worldwide that have a positive impact on the environment and society and strengthen the global community.
At PGIM Europe, nearly 200 professionals across 9 offices (London, Letterkenny, Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin, Luxembourg, Paris, Amsterdam and Milan) manage over $12 billion in gross assets with equity and debt strategies.
In Luxembourg, our team consists of 33 employees in the areas of portfolio management, fund controlling, corporate accounting and reporting, legal, investor services, compliance, human resources and administration. We look forward to receiving your application!
Privacy Center (pgim.com)
-Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services, some of which may not be available in your area.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.