Risk Management Intern (f/m/d) – from 15/09/2023 (minimum 6 months)
Based in Luxembourg WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- We live an open, appreciative, inclusive corporate culture! This is reflected in the seniority of our team.
- We're not just talking about family friendliness! The majority of our employees have families; we enable flexible working hours - at the centrally located workplace in the heart of Luxembourg, accessible with LUX tram or multiple bus lines.
- We offer a professional and team-oriented work environment! We have very well-trained, ambitious colleagues who are convinced that together as a team we can achieve our goals better.
- Fair remuneration is important to us!
- You should feel good at work! In our staff lounge we provide you with fresh fruit, nuts and snacks as well as coffee, tea and soft drinks every day.
- Work is not everything! That's why we regularly organize informative office events, summer parties and Christmas parties.
- We support you and your family in all situations! Together with partner companies as well as mental health first aiders, we offer life coaching, child and emergency care and individual assistance in challenging life situations.
- We also think of others! With us you have the opportunity to contribute to non-profit organizations.
- We are aware of our responsibility! The real estate industry is responsible for a large part of the global CO2 emissions - PGIM has set itself ambitious goals to change something and you can make your contribution!
As member of our Risk Management team, you will work hand in hand and report to the Conducting Officer in charge of Risk Management based in Luxembourg.
A strong risk management framework is already in place therefore, your main tasks will be to support:
- the update of the risk management database;
- the monitoring of fund risk exposures are in line with the Fund Risk Profile and investment restrictions;
- the leverage calculations;
- the update of the risk reports and stress tests (market and liquidity);
- the preparation of the reporting to the senior management and the drafting of the minutes;
- ad-hoc risk related projects and;
- the preparation of the sustainability (ESG) risk report.
This is a rare opportunity for a student to gather a meaningful experience in an exciting role within a top global Real Estate Asset Manager. YOUR KEY SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
YOUR DESIRED SKILLS
- Full time intern with a strong academic background: the ideal candidate is pursuing a master’s degree preferably in Finance and/or Risk & Asset Management
- Very good Excel skills and competence with other Microsoft Office applications (i.e. VBA, PowerBI, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility to adapt
- Proactive hands on mentality / can-do attitude / inquisitive and self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, capability to interface professionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Clear and strong English verbal and written communication skills required.
WHAT WE DO
- Experience in working in an international and multicultural environment / have a global mindset
- Knowledge of the AIFMD and/or previous experience within an AIFM is a strong plus
With over 210 billion US dollars in assets under management worldwide, PGIM is one of the international real estate giants. We have 140 years of experience in real estate financing, have invested in commercial real estate for over 50 years and have extensive local knowledge from experts in 35 cities worldwide. We are committed to practices worldwide that have a positive impact on the environment and society and strengthen the global community.
At PGIM Europe, nearly 200 professionals across 9 offices (London, Letterkenny, Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin, Luxembourg, Paris, Amsterdam and Milan) manage over $12 billion in gross assets with equity and debt strategies.
In Luxembourg, our team consists of 33 employees in the areas of portfolio management, fund controlling, corporate accounting and reporting, legal, investor services, compliance, human resources and administration.
-Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services, some of which may not be available in your area.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.