Principal Analyst Developer (M/F)
Principal Analyst Developer (M/F) Who we're looking for
We are looking for a seasoned and highly technical Cloud Application Developer/Engineer to come and join our EMEA Cloud Factory team and be part of the multi-year cloud transformation program that we have embarked upon. We require someone who has in-depth experience of engineering and integrating cloud applications, who has worked with development and business agile teams on successful, medium-large scale, cloud migrations and who has a deep understanding of cloud best practices, industry trends, modern technologies and new ways of working. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The team
You will be part of the EMEA Cloud Factory team, responsible for transitioning our applications from on-premise to Cloud, by re-platforming/refactoring/rebuilding. You will be responsible for the technical design and (re)implementation of these applications, working in our team of developers and analysts. We have a multi-year book of work and this team is solely focused on building leading-edge cloud applications, integral to a successful cloud adoption and migration programme. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Engineer best in class cloud applications on Azure.
- Engineer and integrate cloud solutions & services to industry best practice with scalability, fault tolerance, resilience, high security, observability, and simplicity in mind.
- Work with other teams and cloud engineers to build shared, reusable components to accelerate and normalise deliveries.
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translate these ideas into designs and implementation.
- Identify, triage, and constantly automate and evolve our systems.
- Every week solve exciting new challenges with an amazing team and technology stack.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Engineer solutions that are fully automated using infrastructure-as-code and integrated in the CI/CD toolchain.
- Support other team members to improve their software development skills and experiences.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experienced in designing, engineering, and implementing cloud solutions on Azure.
- Experience of cloud transformation and change programs across technology organisations.
- Strong experience of full-stack development and deliveries.
- Experience with C# and recent Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Experience with modern DevOps tooling (e.g., Git, Azure DevOps, Terraform, Azure ARM).
- Experience with modern engineering and agile practices as well as shift left CI/CD.
- Passionate about building and delivering services via APIs.
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, and subject matter experts.
- Deep understanding of broader cloud ecosystem including Cloud Computing Technologies, business drivers and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies and trends.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-manage.
What you'll be like
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Azure cloud certifications.
- Experience of modern UI frameworks.
- Experience of Power BI
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- A passionate technologist.
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- An engineer who has the hunger and desire to learn new technologies.
- An advocate of cloud, cloud adoption and cloud transformation.
- Someone who embraces collaboration and change.
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.