Product Support - Private Assets
Product Support - Private Assets
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to join our diverse team and work collaboratively to support our product growth strategy, understand product requirements and implement a consistent operating model and procedures framework for all asset classes but with a focus on private assets and complex products.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical skills in private assets business focusing on both regulated funds and non-regulated vehicles investing in private equity, sustainable infrastructure, real estate assets, Securitized Credit, and Insurance Linked Securities (ILS). He/She will be responsible for supporting our strategic roadmap which centres around effective management of product pipeline, product expertise and excellence.
As a Product Support Senior Specialist, you will report to the Head of Product Support.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people across six continents and have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes to be at the forefront to meet our client demands. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, staff and society, prosper.
Schroder Investment Management (Europe) S.A. is a Management Company and Alternative Investment Fund Manager for products domiciled in Europe.
Our team consists of 3 people from diverse backgrounds. Each team member complements the team with their individual strengths. The team culture is dynamic and collaborative. Our team is encouraged and empowered to put ideas forward, show creativity and develop knowledge to support their personal growth and the growth of the firm.
What you'll do
- Support the set-up and implementation of new private asset and complex fund products and build business case for Alternative Investments Fund Manager approvals
- Analyse product proposals in terms of operational feasibility, advise on alternative options and identify potential constraints and plan product roll-out and implementation
- Lead product initiatives across respective asset classes for SIM Europe from initiation to implementation (including impact analysis, legal document co-ordination, verifying structure, project plan) and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational readiness is met within agreed deadlines.
- Provide pro-active advice to peer and stakeholders on product options covering Luxembourg fund vehicle types and, as an example, the benefits of regulated vs non regulated vehicles and market developments relevant to new product proposals by closely collaborating with key stakeholders (e.g. Portfolio Management, Distribution and Product Functions within the group)
- Support and establish a strong and consistent product governance and oversight framework to meet group standards and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate and facilitate complex product activities such as liquidations, mergers, reorganisations, on-boarding of non-Luxembourg domiciled products
- Private asset background (private equity, real estate, private debt, infrastructure debt etc.) is essential to support the product lifecycle for private asset products (e.g. pro-actively supporting the launch of new products, facilitate the discussions with Portfolio Management, Distribution and Operations during the product structuring phase)
- Participate in projects within Luxembourg or Group
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Minimum 10 years experience in private assets working for a fund management company, the product structuring area within a legal firm, an audit firm focusing on private assets or a service provider supporting private asset and complex fund structures.
- Good accounting, valuation and transfer agent knowledge in private assets (e.g. Private Equity, Real Estate, ELTIF, Infrastructure Debt, S ustainable Infrastructure, Securitized Credit, and Insurance Linked Securities (ILS).
- Good understanding of regulatory and commercial environment in which management companies, alternative investment fund managers and alternative investment funds operate
- Strong fund industry knowledge in product delivery
- Project management, strong organisational skills and able to meet deadlines
What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Posses an a nalytical mindset and problem solving skills
- Proactive, flexible and result driven.
- Enjoy driving initiatives, develop ideas both in a (project) team as leader or participant
- Works well on their own and as part of a team
- Good communication skills, team player and ability to interact and liaise with external and internal stakeholders i.e. across different functional lines, regions and levels of seniority
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.