Project Manager - Transfer Agency
Who we are looking for: The Project Manager is responsible for the project coordination within Transfer Agency.
The Project Manager will develop business cases and requirements.
He/she will actively lead project meetings, monitor the progress of the assigned projects and provide updated status
to the business units. The Project Manager will document issues, coordinate solutions and monitor their closure. The Project Manager is also responsible for the coordination of testing and implementation of the project.
He/she will assist in the development of procedures, controls and training.
The Project Manager will be expected to work on several projects at one time.
The Project Manager interacts with all groups involved in the project lifecycle, both internal and external, with the ultimate goal of ensuring successful completion of the project. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. The key elements of the Project Manager - Transfer Agency role will include:
What we value These skills will help you succeed in this Project Manager role:
- Management of client-facing projects
- Develops the Business Case in conjunction with the Project sponsor.
- Defines project scope based on the Project sponsor's objectives together with input from the appropriate stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Liaises extensively with clients to establish exact requirements, agree solutions and define timeframes for project deliverables
- Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
- Performs a cost/benefit analysis under the direction of the Project Owner Monitors project milestones
- Reports project status and issues to business unit on a regular basis.
- Coordinates User Acceptance Testing and implementation planning
- Assists with the development of the Training Program for the project
- Interfaces with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project
- Coordinates internal Legal & Risk requests
- Works within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used
About State Street What we do.
- Minimum 4-5 years of management/supervisory/project management experience in Financial Services
- End to end experience of project lifecycle
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
- Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Self motivated, innovative and analytical.
- Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency function an advantage
- Experience of new business implementation would be an advantage
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers