Rebates Analyst Who we're looking for
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who will report to the Revenue and Rebates Operations Team Leader within the Finance department.
The Rebates Analyst plays a key role in calculating, accounting and reporting rebates due to intermediaries investing in pooled funds domiciled in EMEA, APAC and the UK. Rebates are a form of discount of the management fees charged upfront in the pooled funds. The scale of the discount is determined in fee schedules which are part of the contractual arrangement that Schroders enters with its counterparties.
In the past 15 years, the Schroders Group Finance function has expanded the role of the Revenue and Rebates Operations team in Luxembourg, creating a global centre of competence for the processing and booking of fees earned from pooled funds, as well as rebates calculated and paid to intermediaries globally. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Setting up and maintaining client and product structures including payment details
- Performing rebate calculations including manual rebate reconciliations between client own calculations and internal Schroders results
- Assisting in the finance month-end closure process
- Providing analysis and commentary to other Finance and client support teams
- Maintaining accurate procedures whilst escalating any issues to the line manager
- Assisting in rolling out departmental initiatives and projects (streamlining processes, roll-out of systems, take-on of new locations, etc.)
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Bachelor degree in Economics or Finance
- At least 2 to 3 years of similar or relevant experience in Asset Management business is required
- Strong English, with at least one additional European language (e.g., French, German, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills (advanced knowledge of MS Excel)
What you'll be like
- Analytical and highly numerate
- Ability to streamline functions
- Fast learner who can implement system and process changes
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- You are driven, collaborative, able to deal with ambiguity
- You are enthusiastic and emotionally resilient
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.