Receptionist & Administrative Assistant
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who will be able to work as Receptionist while also performing Administrative Assistant tasks. The candidate will need to multitask, work autonomously, take responsibilities in a fast-paced environment and be resilient to stress. The candidate will have to work with external and internal visitors from our Headquarters in London but also with members of boards, coming from all over the world. The job requires high level of integrity & accountability as well as confidentiality. While working independently you will be a team player willing to take initiatives and responsibilities in a proactive manner.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people in 38 countries. Schroders was established in 1804 but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Luxembourg office was refurbished to a high standard in 2021. The office is on two floors. It is a good working environment, easy to access by public or private transport and with on-site parking.
You will be joining a small team of two staff, located in the Reception area within a well-established wider Corporate Services department. You will be working in an international and fast paced environment.
What you'll do
- Greet visitors and make them feel comfortable, both in person and over the phone;
- Register visitors, manage access cards and announce them appropriately;
- Answer and forward incoming phone calls, provide information or take messages when needed;
- Receive incoming post and distribute to all departments;
- Coordinate all outgoing post, registered and fast courier deliveries, local and worldwide;
- Organize taxi transportation when required;
- Organize food & beverage (with internal/external providers) for meetings when required.
What you'll also do
Administrative support for Conducting Officers of the business:
- Organise signatures of documents and ensure there is the adequate level of physical coverage amongst the Directors and Conducting Officers;
- Schedule meetings and update calendars for the Directors & Conducting Officers of the Company;
- Book travel arrangements for the Directors and coordinate the logistics, organise meetings, book meeting rooms, book food & beverage;
- Assist with organising training sessions;
- Submit expenses for External/Independent Directors of the boards, take care of recharges and process the invoices following the firm's rules;
- Provide cover when the Executive Secretary to the CEO/Country Head is out of office;
- Perform clerical duties such as filing/archiving, photocopying and, printing;
- Coordinate the activities run by the Social & Sport committee.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Windows / Outlook / MS Skype for Business / Teams) ;
- 2-3 years experience working in a similar role;
- Fluent in English, both spoken & written, French and/or German would be an asset.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Results oriented with a "can do" mindset;
- Strong multitasking and organisational skills;
- You have a great attention to details and ability to prioritise.
What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever you are
- You will be the contact person for internal and external people;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure;
- Keen to improve processes.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.