At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly
. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
The Europe Risk team supports the development of M&G's activities in Europe and is responsible for all aspects of risk for M&G Group in Europe, covering all EU-based entities, funds and segregated mandates.
The team cover a wide variety of investment strategies across public markets and private assets.
It also leads investment risk for M&G Real Estate and for the Cash and Currency asset class globally as well as the Risk Solutions activities providing risk modelling and data analytics support to the business and the other Risk teams.
The Europe Risk team is fully integrated within the Group Risk function and the Head of Risk Europe reports to the M&G Group Chief Risk Officer.
The team works closely with the investment teams and senior stakeholders within the Group.
The Europe Risk team is growing and we are looking for a technical Risk Analyst to support its Risk Solutions activities. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to apply her/his data analytics, automation and modelling skills to complex problems in an intellectually-stimulating environment. Work Level Accountabilities:
Key Responsibilities for this Role:
- Accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
As part of the Europe Risk team, key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing bespoke risk solutions to the business using data analytics, modelling and automation
- Providing risk expertise across the business (risk modelling, valuation models, understanding of financial instruments and derivatives valuation)
- Producing key risk reports for internal business units, external clients and regulators
- Supporting the development and maintenance of relevant Risk Policies and procedures
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Continuously seeking to improve the risk analysis and reporting of risk information, responding to requests and feedback from key stakeholders as well as maintaining awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments
- Building constructive and supportive working relationships with the wider investment risk team
- Experience in an investment risk, investment quant analytics or risk modelling, data automation / analytics role at an asset management house, financial services organisation or similar
- Prior experience in investment risk management and knowledge of regulatory landscape (UCITS / AIFMD)
- Understanding of derivatives (rates, inflation, credit) and the drivers of their valuations & risk metrics and understanding of fixed income and equity risk models
- Prior experience with data processing and process automation
- Prior experience with no/low-code automation through business intelligence tools such as the Microsoft Power tool (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Queries, Power BI, Power Report Builder etc.) or equivalent a plus
- Prior experience querying and programming in SQL Server a plus
- Understanding of VBA (able to read and understand VBA code mainly for the purpose of transferring existing process to more reliable tools / systems)
- Prior experience with BRS Aladdin a plus
- Coding skills (preferably Python) a plus
- Good communication skills. Comfortable in communicating ideas and analysis at different levels
- Client focused, and forward looking, with the intention to add value
- Curious and continually looking to seek out improvements
- Strong drive and delivery, committed to achieving results and delivering on time
- Strong analytical thinking and a critical evaluator of information/issues
- A proactive team player, good at working with others
- Excellent relationship development skills
- Master degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or related quantitative subject
- Risk / Finance professional qualification such as CFA, CAIA, GARP, PRMIA a plus
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.