- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC France, Luxembourg Branch
- 22 mai 19
Risk Manager Permanent contract
HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,526bn at 30th September 2017, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
The HSBC Luxembourg Risk Function is in charge of the anticipation, identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting of all the risks to which the Luxembourg Businesses are or may be exposed. In order to strengthen our Risk team, we are looking to recruit a:
The purpose of this role is to maximize the effectiveness of Risk Management measures within HSBC Luxembourg by coordinating the oversight and follow-up of all country risk Management Information and reporting as part of the Chief Risk Officer’s team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibility for the production of Risk Management information and reporting to all committees in HSBC Luxembourg and to Region covering all Businesses and Functions country.
• Improve the quality of regulatory Risk reports and drive automation efforts alongside the business.
• Work alongside local and offshore stakeholders to prepare committee packs to a high level of accuracy and in line with HSBC governance standards.
• Offer expert guidance on the implementation of the 3 Lines of Defence in HSBC Luxembourg and on translating the Operational Risk Management Framework into day to day actions.
• Drive the identification, documentation, reporting and resolution of issues in all HSBC Luxembourg businesses and functions, leveraging business specific and regional guidance.
• Coordinate local risk policies, ensure regular publications and training programmes to ensure staff and management awareness.
• Represent the Risk team as required in project working groups and in formal or informal meetings.
Professional Skills and Experience;
• At least 3 years of experience in risk management. University-level qualifications in Banking or Audit would be an advantage.
• Operational credit risk management, credit analysis, corporate governance and policy-writing experience and/or internal control experience are all desirable areas of experience which would be an advantage. This experience may have been gained within a business function rather than specifically in a control function.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and the ability to understand and articulate complex concepts in ordinary language to a large multicultural audience.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
• Track record of delivering projects or assignments in tight timeframes with minimal supervision.
• Comfort in dealing confidently with management at the most senior levels of the Group.
• A solid and broad understanding of all major classes of banking activity, banking products, processes and systems.
• Knowledge of the regulatory landscape in the financial services sector. Specific understanding of Risk related regulation (CRR, CRD IV, Anacredit etc.) sought after.
• Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel.
• Fluency in English required, French and/or another European language desired.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.