Senior Compliance Manager - Head of Regulatory Affairs and Regulatory Conduct Permanent contract
HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 64 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through three global businesses: Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Wealth & Personal Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our compliance department in Luxembourg, we are looking to recruit a:
Senior Compliance Manager - Head of Regulatory Affairs and Regulatory Conduct
We welcome applicants who do not exactly fit all of the job requirements. If you are passionate and think we can succeed together, please apply!
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the role holder will fill an important role for the Luxembourg Compliance function covering the following key areas:
- Managing all Material Regulatory Engagements, and overseeing all other Regulatory Engagements for the Global Private Bank (GPB) and Global Banking and Markets (GBM) lines of business in Luxembourg;
- Overseeing the effective management of regulatory change for HSBC Luxembourg (GPB and GBM);
- Providing advice and risk stewardship on Regulatory Conduct and Regulatory Compliance risks (GPB and GBM).
- Manage material regulatory engagements with all Regulatory Authorities directly concerned with the activities of HSBC Luxembourg (CSSF, BCL, and any support required to HSBC Continental Europe with respect to its Regulators).
- Oversee all other regulatory engagements by HSBC Luxembourg, as well as regulatory reporting by HSBC Luxembourg under the remit of the Compliance function.
- Manage the Legal and Regulatory Change Management Committee, and ensure that all key regulatory developments impacting HSBC Luxembourg are promptly identified, assigned to responsible stakeholders, analysed, and implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure an effective rule mapping to all key business activities in country.
- Oversee the country policy and procedural framework of HSBC Luxembourg (GPB an GBM);
- Develop and participate in RC training activities provided to first line of defence.
- Ensure that all obligations applicable to the Compliance function under Luxembourg legal or regulatory requirements are carried out in a timely and effectively manner.
- Support GPB and GBM Compliance advisory teams in their advisory and stewardship activities in their respective lines of business with respect to regulatory compliance and conduct matters.
- Support the governance and reporting work of the Function at country level in areas of responsibility.
- Attendance at Governance fora or local or regional working groups or meetings to represent Luxembourg Compliance and provide SME input or risk stewardship oversight and challenge as needed.
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer in managing the country function where required.
- Ensure that HSBC Luxembourg develops and maintains the highest compliance standards by following both the letter and the spirit of the relevant regulatory requirements, including following internal policies and procedures.
Professional skills and experience:
- Significant experience in EU banking and financial laws and regulations (7 + years), including specifically the Luxembourg regulatory regime, and, ideally, the French regulatory regime, and practical knowledge of market practice and regulatory expectations in those jurisdictions.
- Significant experience in providing regulatory compliance advice to the First Line of Defence and senior management in the banking and investment sectors, preferably in the private banking, corporate banking and/or securities services fields.
- Knowledge of broad range of products and asset classes offered by private banks and Global/corporate banks. Knowledge of the fund administration and depositary sectors a significant advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High level of autonomy and organisational skills.
- Proactive engagement in interacting with, challenging, and advising key stakeholders, including senior management.
- Commercially aware, solutions focused, and driven, with an ability to apply knowledge to foster the commercial success of the Bank in a sustainable manner and to educate the Business as to key requirements, emerging topics, and best practices in the regulatory conduct area.
- Ability to share information effectively across stakeholders.
- Ability to lead, train, and motivate team members.
- Ability to raise standards and make a positive impact on the governance, processes and culture of HSBC Luxembourg.
- Ability to work in a large banking Group with interactions across multiple locations.
- Compliance-related qualifications, e.g. CISI Diploma in Investment Compliance, International Compliance Association (ICA) certificates or diplomas.
- Qualifications in investment management, financial planning or other related fields are an advantage (e.g. CISI, CFA, CWMA, …)
- Fluency in English mandatory, and ideally in French. Working knowledge of one further European language would be a significant advantage.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English), and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org