Next Gate Tech leverages the latest cloud technologies, providing clients with a consistent, consolidated and independent source of data (coming from multiple unharmonized/unstructured sources) which enables them to streamline their day-to-day processes. Through our analytics tools we help drive efficiency and reduce risk through eliminating the need for multiple point solutions and legacy databases. In this way, firms can manage their governance and controls independently and consistently, while at the same time lowering their technology and manual expenditure.
Data is the core of what we do. Nowadays, we know that models can be only as good as the data ingested. At Next Gate Tech, we work with various structured and unstructured data from different sources and providers. We capture financial data from diverse vendors and collect large datasets from our clients.
Consequently, our data team oversees the quality of the data flow feeding our models and the technology we provide to our clients daily. They work to optimise the efficiency of financial data extraction on tens of thousands of cross-asset instruments and manage the orchestration of different data flows. They optimise and constantly enhance our internal financial database, which is the core of our analytics.
- Data workflow development and management
- Developing technical solutions for data collection via APIs
- Handling our internal financial instruments databases and oversees the daily flow
- Represent the company in the discussion with the third-party financial data providers
- Gathering the business needs of the various units requesting and using data collection
- Monitoring production and maintenance
- Master’s degree in a technical or quantitative field
- +5 years of experience as a Data Engineer handling financial dataset
- Past work and/or educational experience in the field of Finance is a must
- Proficiency in working with financial data vendors and managing their relationship.
- Experience with creating and maintaining Python packages
- Understanding of numerical programming (using libraries such as numpy, pandas, scipy…)
- Knowledge of databases and database management (SQL/NoSQL)
- Strong understanding on working within cloud environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Python 3.7+
- Experience with Cloud Solutions, such as GCP, AWS, Azure…
- Experience with financial tools, such as Thomson Reuters Eikon, Bloomberg Terminal, Datascope…
- An exciting and dynamic work environment at the cutting-edge of its industry
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to make a direct and strong impact with new ideas
- The ability to work at the intersection between two very promising and fast-growing fields, Finance and Technology
- Flexibility and independence in work organisation and schedule
Next Gate Tech is an equal opportunity employer