(Senior) Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor (M/F) Role Overview
The role of Group Internal Audit (GIA) is to provide independent and objective challenge to, and assurance over, the Schroder Group's control environment through effective evaluation of risk management, control and governance arrangements implemented by management.
The department is led by the Head of Group Internal Audit whose reporting line is to the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
The Luxembourg Internal Audit team, which comprises a Senior Internal Audit Manager and an intern, has responsibility for the execution of audits across all business areas within Schroders Investment Management (Europe) and its ten branches across Europe.
In addition, the team is responsible for and supports audits in other areas of the Schroders Group. Where required, the team will be supported by SMEs within the GIA function.
As Internal Auditor/ Senior Internal Auditor you will be expected to support and take a leading role in the planning and delivery of all aspects of audit assignments, including reporting. As well as periodic audit reviews, where required you will be expected to undertake investigations, thematic reviews and special projects. In addition to audits covering the activities of the Luxembourg Management Company and branches, there will also be opportunities to assist or perform audits within the wider Schroders group.
You will work with all members of GIA to ensure all stakeholders including senior management are provided with an exceptional internal audit service. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society prosper. Key Responsibilities:
- Support the development and maintenance of the annual Group Internal Audit plan and the SIM EU three year rolling plan;
- Support and lead on all aspects of the audit delivery, including planning with key business stakeholders, the execution of fieldwork and the reporting on audit projects;
- Ensure that work completed and outputs produced adhere to relevant professional standards and the function's procedures manual;
- Ensure that issues identified by GIA are escalated to appropriate levels of management on a timely basis;
- Manage the tracking of issues and actions arising from internal audit work;
- Ongoing liaison with relevant management across SIM EU and the branches to maintain awareness of key developments ;
- Involvement in special projects and investigations as required ;
- Support the Senior Internal Audit Manager in the performance of their duties, and substituting as necessary;
- Attendance at and input to the production of reports for the various governance Committees of SIM EU.
- Keen problem solver with a pragmatic mindset
- Extensive experience within the asset management industry
- Strong understanding of the risks involved in developing and managing products across a wide range of asset classes including private assets
- Strong understanding of the Luxembourg regulatory environment
- The ability to work effectively with senior management
- Ability to travel across Europe and overseas for up to 25% of your time
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Internal audit, risk or accounting background
- Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
- A person who has a team focus, is adaptable and willing to learn
- Someone who is keen on taking on new challenges
- Good time management skills and planning of personal workload
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age is.