a typical “day in life”.
• Regulatory watch: identify and assess forthcoming regulatory developments and related regulatory and compliance risk impacting business units in conjunction with key Business and Functional stakeholders.
• Collaborate and contribute to the bank regulatory projects, initiatives and endeavours while providing tailored and practical compliance advice.
• Continuously provide compliance advice supporting the firm in achieving its goals and accomplishment of its strategy.
• Provide compliance assessment of new businesses, projects and initiatives.
• Contribute to the maintenance of the integrated, risk-based compliance framework (RCMF) in accordance with applicable laws/regulations and the bank compliance standards.
• Ensure escalation of significant regulatory and compliance risk issues and deficiencies to relevant business supervisors, operating committees, boards of directors and compliance senior management and to this effect develop appropriate management information for quarterly Boards, Committees and Working Groups.
• In conjunction with the relevant businesses including Steering Committees and Working Groups, develop/participate to an appropriate and effective response to and resolution of compliance issues or deficiencies identified.
• Contribute to the development of the compliance training schedule for the bank's business units. Ensure training content is aligned to current regulatory requirements and business activities of these business units. Identify training needs following regulatory developments and create such trainings.
• Provide independent oversight of the regulatory watch process of the Bank’s subsidiaries and branches and provide support for inquiries raised by the local compliance officers.
• Act as back-up of the Director, Head of Compliance Advisory.
• Provide ongoing support, technical expertise and coaching to team members.
• University Degree in the area of Finance, Law, Economics, Business Administration or similar and appropriate professional experience in a similar position.
• Strong knowledge of the regulatory environment related to the activities of a bank, asset management and/or financial industry;
• Excellent knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including CSSF circulars in Luxembourg
• Embrace new regulations in the light of the Bank’s activity and get to the core of the issue;
• Capability to engage with different stakeholders and partners.
• Good knowledge of the services offered by banks and of banks policies, procedures and governance rules.
• Good knowledge of market practices and the competition.
• Excellent analytical and writing skills - ability to translate and simplify requirements of complex regulation into plain language.
• Experience with working in other large banking institutions
• Good command of other languages
• Good sense of balance between risk management and business decisions
• Very strong oral and written communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Excellent judgement in applying Business context
• Pragmatic with a constructive and collaborative mindset
• Problem-solving mindset
• Strong ownership issues resolutions
• Sense of organization and analytical spirit
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict timelines
• Dynamism and capability of working independently
• Relationship Management
• Integrity and discretion
• Fluency in English (spoken and written). French is an advantage.