At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly
. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
The Portfolio Management Officer ("the PM Officer") will contribute to M&G Lux's Portfolio Management activities in accordance with relevant CSSF and other relevant National Competent Authorities requirements with particular focus on CSSF 18/698.
With respect to M&G Lux's business model over funds under its management, the majority of portfolio management responsibility is delegated to other parts of the M&G Group, primarily to M&G Investment Management (MAGIM, the London-headquartered regulated fund management entity in the group). The role is to monitor the portfolio management activities and investment operations for the funds and mandates managed by the Company and to oversee the performance of intra-group companies providing delegated portfolio management services, covering a broad range asset classes and investment strategies. Oversight of delegated activities:
The PM Officer is responsible for the day to day oversight of the delegated portfolio management of these funds, and will demonstrate this oversight and fulfil this responsibility as follows:
Requirements and Experience:
- With respect to funds under management by delegated portfolio managers, have a good understanding of the investment strategies and mandates of the funds and analyse the indicators and reports received from the different investment management teams;
- Monitor whether funds are operating within the terms and conditions of their investment mandates, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Participate in the relevant Lux and Group oversight committees;
- Participate in the preparation and submission reports on Portfolio Management activities covering all mandates for the attention of the M&G Lux Board and Management Committee as well as other governance bodies such as Fund Boards;
- Collect, centralise and analyse management reports and key performance indicators received from internal sources and external service providers;
- Oversee incident management and ensure remedial actions are properly undertaken.
This function's roles are ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of fund and product structures, particularly in the Luxembourg and Irish-regulated jurisdictions;
- Understanding of public and private asset classes;
- Significant prior experience either directly in the Luxembourg asset management sector or in an audit or consultative position with specific asset management focus is an advantage;
- Experience on sustainable investing and SFDR disclosure is an advantage;
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment as a team player;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- A flexible and adaptable approach;
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.