At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do - and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions.
We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
Do you want to work closely with the business to support good compliance practices within the firm?
Act as a support and back up of the Head of Compliance/RR in the ongoing development of the compliance and AML/CFT framework (Head office and branches).
Assist the Head of Compliance/RR Luxembourg and the RC in preparing regular Compliance and AML reports to Executive Committees and Board meetings (including supporting documentation), and reports to submit to the Regulator.
Prepare regular and ad hoc reporting and Management Information (MIs).
Along with the Head of Compliance being the first point of contact for the regulator, maintaining an open and positive working relationship and ensure high quality in any correspondence.
Your opportunity Compliance risk assessment / Compliance monitoring program
- Proactively identify, analyse, assess, and monitor compliance risks of the business activities for the purpose of elaborating and constantly improving compliance-related risk assessments.
- Review the ManCo Compliance Risk Assessment on a regular basis and ensure proper implementation and execution of the compliance monitoring program at Head Office and branches level.
- Issue Compliance monitoring reports to the Executive Committee.
Regulatory advice and support to governing bodies and business
- Perform impact assessments of ongoing new regulatory requirements
- Continually monitors and assess the impact of new laws, regulatory developments, and market practice in Luxembourg
- Participates in business, regulatory change projects and initiatives as required, providing advice and analysis in relation to relevant regulatory requirements
- Provide technical support on Compliance issues to both business and management, acting as subject matter expert with regards to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Respond to internal queries as they arise, make business aware of the measures to be taken to ensure compliance and help tailor Compliance solutions to business conditions.
Launch of new products and activities
- Draft and review of in-house Compliance procedures
- Ensure implementation and review of Compliance policies and procedures at Head Office and branches level (including elaboration, monitoring and the review of the ManCo's product governance policies and procedures in line with the ESMA guidelines on certain aspects of the MiFID II compliance function requirements)
- Coordinate the training program and awareness of the ManCo staff (including branches) and ensure implementation
- Provide Compliance training to staff (Head office and branches).
Interaction with Compliance peers at Group level
- Assess the regulatory implications of new product launches and service extensions
- Draft Compliance assessment for any new product/activity.
- Support alignment efforts between the various Compliance teams within the group
- Close collaboration with Compliance officers and other functions across regions.
You bring / You are
- 10-12 years of compliance experience/regulatory advisor in the financial industry, ideally in asset management
- Very strong knowledge of Luxembourg investment fund managers (UCITS ManCo/AIFM) and Luxembourg investment funds
- Deep knowledge on Luxembourg AML/CFT regulations
- Able to engage good working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Good team player with strong analytical and communication skills
- Autonomous, analytical, rigorous, committed, sense of responsibility and quality awareness
- A high level of visibility within a large organization on an upwards trajectory
- Professional level of English (spoken and written), French and German are considered as assets, any additional language is a plus
- University or similar educational background focused on finance or economics.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .