At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The Europe Risk team supports the development of M&G's activities in Europe and is responsible for all aspects of risk for M&G Group in Europe, covering all EU-based entities, funds and segregated mandates.
The team cover a wide variety of investment strategies across public markets and private assets.
It also leads investment risk for M&G Real Estate and for the Cash and Currency asset class globally as well as the Risk Solutions activities providing risk modelling and data analytics support to the business and the other Risk teams.
The Europe Risk team is fully integrated within the Group Risk function and the Head of Risk Europe reports to the M&G Group Chief Risk Officer.
The team works closely with the investment teams and senior stakeholders within the Group.
The Europe Risk team is growing and we are looking for a highly technical Senior Risk Analyst to support its Risk Solutions activities. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to apply her/his data analytics, automation and modeling skills to complex problems in an intellectually-stimulating environment.
Work Level Accountabilities:
• Accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
• Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
• Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
• Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
• Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this Role:
As part of the Risk Solution's team, key responsibilities of the role include:
• Providing bespoke risk solutions to the business using data analytics, modelling and automation
• Providing risk expertise across the business (risk modeling, valuation models, understanding of financial instruments and derivatives valuation)
• Producing key risk reports for internal business units, external clients and regulators
• Supporting the development and maintenance of relevant Risk Policies and procedures
• Continuously seeking to improve the risk analysis and reporting of risk information, responding to requests and feedback from key stakeholders as well as maintaining awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments
• Building constructive and supportive working relationships with the wider investment risk team
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Prior experience in an investment risk, investment quant analytics or risk modelling, data automation / analytics role at an asset management house, financial services organisation or similar
• Prior experience in investment risk management and knowledge of regulatory landscape (UCITS / AIFMD)
• Understanding of derivatives (rates, inflation, credit) and the drivers of their valuations & risk metrics and understanding of fixed income and equity risk models
• Prior experience with data processing and process automation
• Prior experience with no/low-code automation through business intelligence tools such as the Microsoft Power tool (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Queries, Power BI, Power Report Builder etc.) or equivalent
• Prior experience querying and programming in SQL Server
• Understanding of VBA (able to read and understand VBA code mainly for the purpose of transferring existing process to more reliable tools / systems)
• Prior experience with BRS Aladdin a plus
• Coding skills (preferably Python)
• Good communication skills. Comfortable in communicating ideas and analysis at different levels
• Client focused, and forward looking, with the intention to add value
• Curious and continually looking to seek out improvements
• Strong drive and delivery, committed to achieving results and delivering on time
• Strong analytical thinking and a critical evaluator of information/issues
• A proactive team player, good at working with others
• Excellent relationship development skills
• Master or PhD degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or related quantitative subject
• Risk / Finance professional qualification such as CFA, CAIA, GARP, PRMIA a plus
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things