The Pictet Group
is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, and currently employs over 5200 people. Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where it employs over 700 people. Pictet Trading & Sales
provides direct access to global markets, offering bespoke trading solutions across a wide range of asset classes. Our sales traders, IT specialists, strategists and quant analysts are supported by a full suite of risk and control functions as well as the latest technology capabilities.
In your role as Senior Risk & Compliance Officer
, you will team up with our Head of Risk & Compliance and proactively monitor the Trading Division's compliance risk and its risk monitoring framework.
You will act as a first line of defense segregated (L1S") within the Trading & Sales department of Bank Pictet & Cie (Europe) AG, in Luxembourg. Your role
- Your responsibilities will be to analyze the trading division's various processes from the angles of Market Risks, Operational Risks and Market Infrastructure Risks, to ensure compliance with European regulations.
- You will be counted on to support and advise sales and trading personnel, to review and resolve daily exceptions relating to trading activity (Trusted Advisor) on a daily basis but also as part of the implementation of regulatory projects in compliance-related areas.
- You will monitor the network of entities to whom we have outsourced material functions (Oversight), report on the KPIs and risks and provide insight on potential evolution of the oversight framework.
- You will establish and execute a controls testing program designed to ensure that policies and procedures are reasonably designed to achieve compliance with applicable regulations.
- The L1S R&C team also actively participate in and contribute to the coordination and gathering of information required as part of monitoring by the supervisory authorities (On-Site & Off-Site Inspections), and missions carried out by the internal and external audit functions.
- Holder of a higher education degree in a relevant field (preferably Master's, or equivalent level).
- Very good knowledge of European Law and regulatory requirements and practices, particularly in the areas of Market Infrastructure and related topics.
- Previous experience of 5+ years in a similar role in an international bank with activities in Trading. Experience in an auditing (internal/external) of areas such as Prevention of Market Abuse, Governance and Internal Control. Ability to manage and lead projects, and an affinity for contemporary risk management methods and data-based Compliance risk management solutions.
- Familiarity with Wealth Management and Asset Servicing. Previous experience in data analytics and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau).
- Excellent command of French and English is required; good understanding and practice of German will be considered a strong asset.
- Proactivity and autonomy
- Analytical ability (investigative skills), sense of proportionality (Risk-Based Approach) and critical thinking (Professional Judgment)
- Editorial and communication skills, sense of diplomacy
- Team spirit (solidarity)
- Ability and facility in the use of IT systems and new technologies
- Discretion, rigour and organisational skills.
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description. Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.