Find your purpose at KPMG Luxembourg
We see a world of opportunity. We connect the dots between the insights we uncover and the tangible ways those insights can transform clients' organizations.
We are diverse and dedicated problem solvers, part of the worldwide network of high-quality audit, tax and advisory services.
We offer excellent career prospects that balance autonomy, flexibility and responsibility. Our comprehensive benefits inspire our people do and feel their best.
Right now, we have more than 1800 employees from over 70 nationalities. Join our growing group of young and youthful innovators to uncover a world of opportunity together. We are seeking a Senior Tax Advisor - Tax Financial Services
Business Services are the backbone of KPMG, crucial to setting our business on the path to success.
Our Business Services staff connect the dots, converging the right people and the right technologies to ensure an exemplary, effective and signature client experience. What you will be working on
You will have the opportunity to focus on all aspects relating to the taxation of investment funds.
By acting as a main point of contact you will:
- Analyze how funds can benefit from the most advantageous tax treatments depending on their legal form and investment strategy. This analysis will be done throughout KPMG's global investment management network with which you will work hand in hand.
- Work on the development of automated solutions helping funds to assess whether they have correctly been taxed (i.e., identification of relief at source and reclaim opportunities).
- Coach a team of advisers and provide with analysis to clients, identifying opportunities to reclaim withholding tax. Participate in the preparation of withholding tax reclaims (based on domestic law, double tax treaties as well as EU law) on behalf of funds located in several jurisdictions. Ensure all assigned functions related to the tax reclaim are completed within required deadlines. Support court proceedings by feeding KPMG's litigation team with relevant information.
- Manage the tax recovery process and report on a regular basis to our clients the development of the reclaims. Coordination of files together with the project management team from KPMG's advisory department.
This is your opportunity to be at the nerve center of a client's business and gain a privileged insight into how an asset manager and servicer operates. This is an ideal position to gain solid technical knowledge, supported by KPMG tailored training program. We provide a high standard of professional training to strengthen your technical expertise and ensure your personal development. There are several opportunities to further develop your career within our multidisciplinary firm. What we look for
The perfect candidate :
- Graduated with a Bachelor or Master degree in Economics or Law, preferably with a major in tax;
- Demonstrates a relevant professional experience from 3 to 5 years within tax operations ideally in the in banking and/or asset management sector;
- You have strong analytical skills allowing you to quickly understand a problem, to identify solutions and key success factors;
- You display a positive and enthusiastic attitude and are able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure to deliver work of the highest quality;
- You have strong interpersonal skills, you know how to manage a team and to coach junior staff;
- You are able to take ownership of initiatives or projects;
What you will get
- You are fluent in English and French or German. Additional languages will be considered as an advantage.
We offer more than jobs. With our flexible work model, you can enjoy work and rest and recharge. Our competitive compensation packages, paid time away from work, recognition bonuses and dedicated programs for personal development and wellbeing help to keep everyone refreshed and motivated.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize KPMG to transmit and store your information in the KPMG recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
KPMG is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills.