(Senior) Transversal IT Project Manager
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- European Investment Bank.
- 14 mai 18 2018-05-14
As the (Senior) Transversal IT Project Manager you will be a key player in executing IT strategy of the Bank by taking responsibility for planning, executing and evaluating the biggest and most complex transversal projects and programs within all areas of IT.
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) - Information Technology Directorate (IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD) - Information Technology Management Office Division (ITMO) - Portfolio Management Office Unit (PMO), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Senior) Transversal IT Project Manager
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of June/Start of July.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The primary role of the Information Technology Management Office (ITMO) division is to provide transversal services (Budget and Contract Management, Portfolio Management Office (including Transversal Project/Program Management), and IT Communications) to the rest of the IT Departments, and to drive and lead other initiatives such as providing strategy and vision with regards to Technology and ensuring alignment between Business and IT.
As the (Senior) Transversal IT Project Manager (internally referred to as Senior Officer/Officer IT Applications) you will be a key player in executing IT strategy of the Bank by taking responsibility for planning, executing and evaluating the biggest and most complex transversal projects and programmes within all areas of IT. You will act as a senior adviser in terms of project methodology and its specific application within the Bank. You will be building and leading project teams, and partnering with the Business, ensuring that IT provides the maximum value, which, in turn, allows us to meet our objectives.
You will report to the Head of Unit Portfolio Management Office within ITMO. You will be working closely with the team members of the IT divisions in which projects are being run, and with business users who are involved in those projects.
You will interact with EIB staff at all levels to ensure project deliverables are achieved in time, within budget and at the agreed level of quality. You will maintain contacts with relevant suppliers and vendors, professional associations and other external specialists.
- Contribute towards defining the policies for IT services and also for the applicable methodology related to project management with regard to the short, medium and long term, in order to ensure that the overall IT strategy and policies meet the business strategy of the organisation and internal/external IT trends and developments
- Take ownership of the projects under management and act as a key driver to improve the IT-business relationships
- Track the progress of own projects, highlighting and addressing risks, issues, and potentially recommending stopping projects mid-way, if they are not forecasted to achieve the business benefits they originally targeted.
- Set up project teams according to the definitions in the Project Charter, and ensure that tasks are structured and allocated accordingly
- Establish and run the appropriate governance model for the project, report to the IT PMO and to any other relevant bodies on project progress
- Supervise the day-to-day communication between all project members and external actors, act decisively to minimise risks, resolve issues and ensure the smooth running of the project
- Ensure that all team members involved in projects and programmes have the right competencies, objectives and motivation in order to ensure successful execution
- Coordinate, supervise and execute key IT processes related to project management, to guarantee successful delivery of key projects.
- Provide specific advice and recommendations on IT projects, which could be applicable Bank-wide. Act as a senior adviser in terms of project methodology and its specific application within the Bank.
- Manage or participate in special initiatives that can go beyond the strict boundaries of one’s own domain and that have a specific scope and timing, to ensure the realisation of the initiative within the set scope, time and budget.
- University degree in computer science or related discipline
- At least 5 years of work experience in IT project management with excellent knowledge of project management principles and industry standards
- Experience in leading multicultural teams and in working in a collaborative environment
- In-depth experience of at least one IT Portfolio and Project Management methodology such as PM2, PMI, or PRINCE2
- Demonstrated leadership skills, providing mentoring, coaching and direction to team members
- Good understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis / design, development tools / technologies, release / version control, testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Experience with processes relating to resource and capacity planning, IT service level management (ITIL) and IT quality assurance.
- Fluent in English and/or French (*) and preferably a solid understanding of the other
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 18 May 2018
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability