Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration. Responsibilities:
Specific to the role:
- Specialist role in an onboarding team dedicated to our most complex client segments within Ebury Institutional Solutions, including:
- Trust & Corporate Service Providers
- Non-Governmental Organisations and Charities
- MiFID clients
- Close cooperation and problem-solving with 1LoD KYC Advisory, 2LoD Financial Crime Compliance teams and MLROs. Address specific issues for complex clients during onboarding and fix gaps/weaknesses/inefficiencies in the overall process
- This role involves day-to-day onboarding responsibilities, as well as SME/Advisory work in designing and updating process, guidance and requirements for complex clients in 1LoD
- Direct contact with clients
- Working in partnership with the Front Office teams and business leads responsible for the relevant verticals (e.g. CSP, NGO) to support Ebury revenue growth in a compliant, responsible and audit-proof manner
- Support in the delivery of training within the area of complex onboarding. Opportunities to coach / act as a buddy for junior members of the extended Financial Crime Operations team, who aspire to join the team as part of their career growth
- Assisting non-EIS onboarding teams with clients related to complex verticals, such as French charities
- Opportunities to become involved in the operational implementation of future verticals, depending on business strategy and team capacity
- Safeguarding Ebury and prospective Client relationships from financial crime risk - including money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, fraud, sanctions risk, tax evasion and reputational risk
- Performing anti-financial crime checks (CDD, EDD) as part of the Ebury Onboarding process for corporate clients in compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory and internal requirements
- Comprehensive CDD and EDD checks for corporate clients, including the KYC process, identification and analysis of complex ownership structures, financial statements and transaction patterns
- Identification of red flags and exposure to financial crime risk, including escalation to Compliance and Senior Management where required
- Making risk-based decisions to onboard or reject applications
- Efficient management of a personal portfolio of onboarding cases
- Proactive follow-up with clients and sales representatives to ensure timely completion of onboarding analysis
- Documenting client files in a structured format compliant with internal requirements
- Assist in preparation and management of data and information required for internal and external audits
About Us Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
- Strong experience of conducting CDD and EDD with corporate clients across typologies relevant to the Specialist Onboarding Team - including CSPs, charities, trusts, funds, limited partnerships
- Experience in QC, QA or Advisory roles is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of red flags and financial crime typologies relevant to the payments and FX space
- Proactive, with the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Highly organised, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Effective critical thinking skills, with the ability to find solutions to problems independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal including working alongside the Front Office
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment, including remote teams
- Curious and engaged, who takes ownership of their own learning journey by asking questions and seeking out new information
- Adaptable, with the ability to cope with changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a desire to make Ebury a success
- Experience of direct client contact within financial services is a plus
- Knowledge of MiFID requirements in the context of KYC is a plus
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.