The Registration Tax Team Associate 1 is in charge of the overall planification before submission to the tax authorities of FATCA, CRS, 1099 regulatory reports. He/she will work with Senior Associates to organize the distribution of the work within the team. He/she will have direct client contact and may represent the department in Client engagement forums. The role requires involvement in KPI and department performance discussions with the Client and IFDS Senior Management. The successful candidate will form part of the Registration Tax Team and will contribute to the integration of the team into the wider Registration department.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Registration-Tax Reporting Team Senior Associate you will:
- Responsible for the execution of a timely and accurate completion of FATCA and CRS returns including generating test files, liaising with operational teams to rectify error messages, managing Client interactions and submitting the final returns to the Tax Authority(ies):
- Organize and execute the annual completion of the Regulatory filing to the applicable Tax Authorities for investment funds.
- Oversight and internal reporting on the outsourced functions
- Oversight quality controls of monthly investors’ tax related reporting before sending to clients
- Act as the first escalation point for any investor tax related matter
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direction in a group environment.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Maintains open communication channels.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future. Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Display good organizational skills in order to meet SLA deadlines and keeps well documented records.
- Ensures that checklists, job aids and working procedures are up to date and followed.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching under the supervision of the Manager
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Knowledge about shareholder administration and/or AML / KYC would represent a strong asset for this position
- Excellent knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Self-motivated, organized and flexible to new ideas
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
- Initiate sharing of ideas, processes, client requirements and knowledge through effective proactive assistance to team members, maintain also adequate documentation for reference.
- The role will report into a Team Leader and Manager.
- The role will have no management responsibilities.
- The role will deliver against goals/targets that the team manager has set for the individual.
- The role will have a basic understanding that these in turn, deliver to the team goals.
- The role holder will understand that any financial spend will need to be authorised by the Manager.
- The role will be required to establish effective collaborative relations with peers and Manager.
Knowledge and Expertise
- At least two years relevant working experience in Transfer Agency or Financial Services.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…)
- Strong client focus