Joining Davidson is not only joining a group of 3000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, it is joining THE company that was elected by its employees Great Place To Work France and Europe for 4 years as well as the largest B Corp consulting firm in Europe ! "B Corp" is a community of companies who have decided not to be the best in the world but the best FOR the world.
Because our development is based on strong principles:
- Deep respect for all of our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers. Because if work "does not bring happiness", it can nevertheless "cause unhappiness". We are therefore committed to listening, acting with honesty, and promoting fairness
- A minimal environmental footprint, and a maximum societal one. This is why, beyond the missions that you will carry out, you can also contribute to projects that Davidson supports: international solidarity missions (with Planète Urgence), support for students from underprivileged backgrounds (with Article 1), investment in startups developing innovative solutions!
- Adhocratic management based on the implementation of the principles of "horizontal enterprise" and "tribal management".
On this last point, an important clarification: well-being at work is a luxury that you must be able to afford by being a "solid" company. This induces for the Davidsonians to combine initiative, commitment, and professionalism. Because "without work, talent is just a nasty habit". And encourages us to seek to recruit elements… better than us. In a classically hierarchical organization, it can be beneficial to have an army of people working for you. In an adhocracy, they cause damage.
As a developer :
- Contribute to the definition of functional evolutions
- Participate in technical specifications
- Take charge of developments by guaranteeing the quality of the code
- Optimize ergonomics and propose code refactoring
- Set up the tests and the technical acceptance of the developed solution
- Participate in the release phase
- Interact with all the stakeholders in Agile mode
As a Lead Dev :
- Support the technical teams on the implementation of good development practices
- Facilitate the resolution of architectural or code problems
- Be the guarantor of the software quality of the project
What do we expect from you
- Graduated from a Master degree in computer science you have at least 4 years of experience
- You have a valid work permit for Luxembourg
- You are considered by your peers as very senior using languages and tools such as Java 8, Java 11 (Spring Boot, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Hibernate), Activiti, Oracle DB - PL/SQL stored procedures, Git Hub, Jenkins, Maven, Rest, Sonar, XL Deploy, XML, Swing, GWT, Spring and Struts
- The endpoints and gateways being considered as business critical, you are able to craft high quality code and implement Unit Testing to ensure high code coverage of automated unit and integration testing
- You are used to manage your projects in an Agile mode
- You communicate easily and have a service and consulting mindset, comfortable with multitasking
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and French, able to participate actively to meetings in both languages
And us, what do we offer you:
- Local management. You have a question, an issue, a point to discuss, the decision-maker is local based
- A real idea of the role that the company plays in our lives, its social role and its environmental impact. If you think that consulting is not just about "daily rate" and keywords on the CV, you are likely to enjoy us. In any case we would like to exchange with you.
- An “open-bar” training policy. Concretely, you need a training, you get it !
- Frequent afterwork event with your colleagues. You have an idea about one to organise, go!
- A really proactive homeworking policy
- And no “bla-bla-bla”, of all our commitments, we made a book to be sure that they are public, known and implemented. Have a look : https://www.davidson.fr/davidson-code