At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly
. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
About M&G Luxembourg
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed.
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas.
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination.
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things.
The M&G group has had a presence in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 2002. Although the office started as a Real Estate investment company, it has recently expanded its activities to a whole range of regulated products and services. Purpose of the role
Based in Luxembourg, planning, co-ordination and delivery of European real estate transactions for the M&G European Living Property Fund ("ELIV") and the M&G European Enhanced Value Fund ("EUREV"). Key responsibilities
- To coordinate and provide Luxembourg input in to the timely and efficient delivery of real estate acquisitions, disposals and other corporate actions such as financing / refinancing, for ELIV and EUREV in relation to the funds and their Luxembourg and non-Luxembourg spvs, working in close cooperation with the Portfolio Manager, the Funds' Depositary, M&G Real Estate Transaction Managers, Asset Managers, Investment Managers, Tax Managers, Treasury Manager, Financial Controllers, legal counsel, notaries, AIFM senior management, the AIFM's CoSec team, Luxembourg and country directors, local service providers, local banks, and where necessary property managers.
- The preparation of a step plan for each transaction covering all aspects of the transaction falling within the Luxembourg scope as set out below, which is closely monitored and managed to completion;
- To manage the governance process around transactions following the stated procedures for Luxembourg and SPV board approvals, including convening board and finance committee meetings, preparation of agendas and minutes, provision of supporting documentation etc.;
- To coordinate the preparation and approval of all internal finance documentation in relation to transactions;
- To ensure all transaction-related documentation is received from external counsel is filed appropriately and provided to the Depositary and the funds' auditors in a timely manner;
- To ensure all subsidiary records held by the AIFM (corporate structure charts, corporate calendars, compliance spreadsheets and corporate fact sheets as necessary for control purposes) are maintained and continuously updated as transactions develop;
- To support the formation of subsidiaries in Luxembourg and elsewhere, associated notarial meetings, bank account opening, due diligence requests, powers of attorney, AML and KYC requests etc.;
- To manage the review, execution, notarisation and legalisation of documents required to support transactions as necessary;
- To coordinate the establishment of service provision to new SPVs with CoSec and Asset Management colleagues;
- To coordinate completion arrangements with Lux and local directors, the M&G RE transaction management team and local counsel;
- Completion of an operations memorandum summarising the various elements of the operating model established for the asset and its holding structure;
- Closure of transaction projects and handover to the CoSec team as BAU;
- To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with our attributes and expectations;
- To understand the Company's Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy as appropriate for your role;
- To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company's H&S Manager.
(The job titles that report directly into this role.)
None Knowledge and Experience
(Knowledge and experience required for the role.) Essential:
- Typically 4+ years solid real estate fund and entity governance experience, 2-3 years of which have included transaction management planning and delivery;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, with project management experience, focused, flexible, pro-active, able to drive projects and communicate effectively with senior management;
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with a confident can-do attitude, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritise workload to meet deadlines, and to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a small team and have a "hands on" approach.
- Familiarity with external and intercompany financing agreements;
- French or German as a second language would be an advantage.
(Professional qualifications required for the role.)
- Degree-level academic qualification desirable.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.