At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant work processes alongside a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities to provide effective management of Transfer Agency. This role is an SME and/or has Lead and People Management responsibilities.
- Development and maintenance of strong client relationships
- Ensure updates and adherence of procedures, policies, controls and processes (plus any other relevant supporting material e.g. training / user guides etc.)
- Deliver high quality service (while maintaining excellent work and service level standards)
- Implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas (including the efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and training of the assigned staff)
- Maintain and develop expertise demonstrating judgment and an understanding of the business
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilization (including the allocation of such resources efficiently where needed the most and with the highest outcome for the organization)
- Provide adequate training to all grades in support of the overall organization & Transfer Agency Training Plan (& constant overall development & knowledge increase across all grades & tream members)
- Focus on development opportunities for all Team members
- Actively participate in the Talent Performance Process and monitor with your direct reports
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support to Senior Associates and their reports
- Ensure participation completion and implementation of projects as required and lead local team initiatives
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the role responsibilities are organized and controlled
- Meet external and internal compliance/regulatory requirements
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Deliver quality, aiming for accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Review processes and practices relating to the role and act for change and improvement in individual and team performance
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Adhere to operational principles PACE & L: Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
Specific knowledge, skills and qualifications to achieve required performance standards in an Officer role.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent planning and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure within tight deadlines
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business as well as dealing
- A very good understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry
- Experience in a similar environment including a management/supervisory role
- Accurate and precise
- Lead and mentor
- Enthusiastic & motivated
- Excellent communications skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Manage escalation of production issues
- Communication and update of procedures and policies
- Testing of system enhancements
- Monitor actions in the course of new fund launch, conversions, fund events, system changes - e.g. review documentation, monitor associated set-up/testing requirements for Dealing.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.