Who we are looking for
We are seeking a motivated Transfer Agent to join our expanding AML Compliance team. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and motivated professional to develop their financial career within a leading organization. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. In the role of AML Compliance you will be responsible for:
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant work processes alongside a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities to provide effective management of Transfer Agency. This role is an SME or has Lead and People Management responsibilities. Responsibilities:
Development and maintenance of strong client relationships
Ensure updates and adherence of procedures, policies and processes
Deliver high quality service
Implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas
Maintain and develop expertise demonstrating judgment and an understanding of the business
Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilization
Provide adequate training to all grades in support of the overall organisation & Transfer Agency Training Plan
Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
Provide support to operation managers and their reports including delegates
Ensure participation completion and implementation of projects as required and lead local team initiatives To be successful in this role, your experience should include: Regulatory:
Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the role responsibilities are organized and controlled
Meet external and internal compliance/regulatory requirements
Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required Quality:
Deliver quality, aiming for accuracy and meeting deadlines
Review processes and practices relating to the role and act for change and improvement in individual and team performance
Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
Adhere to operational principles PACE & L: Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership Knowledge and Competency Requirements
Specific knowledge, skills and qualifications to achieve required performance standards in an Associate 2 role. Essential
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent planning and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure within tight deadlines
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business
- A very good understanding of transfer Agency background to Funds Industry
- Accurate and precise
- Lead and mentor
About State Street What we do.
- Enthusiastic & motivated
- Excellent communications skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Provide opinion on business requests as it
- relates to AML/CFT framework
- Participate to regulatory initiatives as it
- relates to AML/CFT framework
- Perform sensitive and / or complex investigations
- At the request of the Executive Committee / MLRO in the AML area.
- Provide support the Registration AML Team on
- complex account queries
- Provide advice and guidance on regulatory
- requirements as it relates to AML/CFT (internal and external)
- Contribute on AML reviews (including any audit
- related exercises)
- Act as point of escalation for Operations for all
- matters relating to AML
- Participate in the FCP investigations
- Provide MIS to clients, Executive Management
- Participate in the control plan exercise led by
- Monitoring team for all Financial Crime prevention
- Participate in client meetings and due diligence
- Remain SME for specific Compliance AML project.
- Member of Association of Luxembourg Compliance Officer (ALCO)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.