Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Transfer Agent DMC Associate 1 you will: Document Management Center
- Opening and sorting the post
- received mails, faxes and swift messages and prepare them for scanning
- Scanning all possible documents in AWD
- Store all scanned documents in LAB archiving boxes and sent them for storage
- Re-scan items
- Retrieve original documents from LAB as per request from different business areas
- Monitor and return original document to shareholder
What we value
- Process payment in Cash systems
- Bank of America CashPro Online International Payment System (IPS) (all currencies + cheque processing)
- JPMorgan access (all currencies)
- State Street Cash Manager (USD only)
- Multi-Currency Horizon for non-USD (processing Receipt, Transfer and Payment)
- Communicate failed or returned payment to the department in charge of the payment (Dealing, Accounts and Control, Reports and Events or Client Services)
- Share certificate issuance and destruction process
- Issue and cancel share certificates
- Monitor and reconcile issued and cancelled share certificates
- Monitor incoming and outgoing Swifts messages
- Release SWIFT messages from the SDN scanner application
- All SWIFT messages blocked due to their content to be communicated to Risk and Compliance
- Investigate and forwarded failed SWIFT messages to the appropriate Department
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Technical competencies
- Ability to work in a volume driven environment
- Team Player
What we do.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written & oral)
- Other languages, specially German, Dutch or Italian, are an asset
- Good computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word and Outlook...)
- Preferably some banking or financial services industry experience
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure
- Demonstrate logical and analytical abilities in order to identify, analyze and evaluate complex situations and contribute to their timely escalation and resolution
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with peers and managers
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls
- Ability to work accurately in a volume driven environment
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks.