We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For our office in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for an Indirect Tax Senior Officer.
We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefits of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career. JOB DESCRIPTION:
As an Indirect Tax Senior Officer, you will:
- provide support to different teams in Luxembourg on all indirect tax impacts for their clients' business, from various industries, including private equity, real estate and commercial companies,
- be in charge of the preparation of the Luxembourg VAT returns and the review of tax assessments issued by the tax authorities;
- conduct specific research in line with clients' needs when necessary;
- support, develop a team of junior talents and ensure high quality delivery, in close collaboration with the Indirect Tax team;
- give assistance on compliance matters i.e. preparation of VAT registrations and EC Sales listings, subscription tax returns;
- prepare internal and externals newsletters, articles and brochures on new VAT issues;
- Provide practical answer regarding VAT and indirect taxation matters;
- assist to / take an active role in the technical training sessions held on a regularly basis
- You hold a university degree preferably in Accounting & Finance or Economics
- You have at least 2 years of relevant working experience in indirect tax.
- You are familiar with the tax challenges within an international organization.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proactive, with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly, and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- You possess team spirit, risk awareness and high integrity when dealing with confidential information.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of French considered as an asset.