WM - EMEA Credit Risk - Associate
Individual will be expected to take a leading role on the due diligence, structuring, preparing credit packages (with business partners), term sheets and loan documentation for our top client transactions and will likely continue with an active post deal monitoring role.
- Manage the end to end client credit relationship for our Top Clients. This would involve being the lead underwriter for annual reviews/renewals to these Top Clients with responsibility for both new and existing transactions.
- Partner with Lending Advisory to ensure proper communication for delivery of future financials and prepare for upcoming reviews
- Help Regional Credit Officers and local senior risk management prepare various ad hoc executive materials for selected stakeholders including leading and organizing credit and portfolio reviews.
- Partner with Mumbai Underwriting team on Credit Due Diligence, Financial and Collateral Analysis
- Ensure the transaction adheres to all appropriate lending regulations and credit policies.
- Communicate, and when appropriate negotiate, with the Banker/Lending Advisor regarding credit decisions and credit issues with their clients and suggest alternatives for problem resolution if needed.
- Responsible for portfolio management and appropriate escalation for their respective markets to ensure credit risk is maintained. This will involve coordinating covenant compliance/exceptions and report to management, run regular meetings to review past dues, and participate in market calls to help resolve issues, for the respective markets.
- Drive the Credit Risk project agenda, while acting as subject matter expert on projects with risk involvement.
- Recommend and implement new methods and procedures to make the unit more efficient.
- Research industry, regulatory and product related events as required.
The candidate should be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, organized, possess strong analytic skills and have problem solving capabilities. Individual must be able to work in a high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in economics, accounting, finance or business management
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant Credit Underwriting experience
- Strong analytical and credit skills. Familiarity with term sheets and loan documentation with ability to take an active role in identifying key issues / concerns around structure and credit
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with and influence others
- Strong decision making capabilities and the ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Highly organized, motivated and hard working with strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work under tight timelines and multi-task
- Fluency in English required