Analyst, Compliance, FM Communications Surveillance
- 6K permonth
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 18 nov. 17 2017-11-18
Compliance, Risk Management for Financial Market
- Help the Group meet its commitment of being “Here for Good” by building a sustainable compliance framework that places regulatory and compliance best practice standards, and a culture of appropriate conduct at the forefront of the Group’s agenda
- As an independent second line risk control function, execute the relevant aspects of the Compliance framework through robust independent risk control and the provision of specialist advice and constructive challenge in a manner proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of the Group’s business.
- Proactively support and challenge the Group’s businesses and functions to exhibit appropriate conduct, comply with regulatory and compliance requirements and strive to achieve fair outcome for the Group’s clients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Group’s compliance efforts.
- Support the management of the regulatory relationships with each of the regulators, whose rules the Group is subject to.
- Maintain constructive and effective relationships with Business Heads/Business Chief Operating Officers (“COOs”), and assist relevant Compliance heads to interface with and support all key business stakeholders.
- Insofar as they relate to regulatory compliance, be responsible for providing details of developments giving rise to a material risk that serious regulatory breaches or breaches of risk tolerances (as agreed by the Board from time to time) may occur and notifying any such breaches to Associate Director, Compliance, FM Communications Surveillance.
- Maintain independence, deliver timely responses, and timely escalation of risks and issues where they feel risk management tolerance of the firm are exceeded.
- Promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a Here for good culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with all key business and functional stakeholders that is based on trust, capability and integrity, providing timely, responsive and quality regulatory compliance advice and guidance; escalating potential or identified breaches to enable the business and functions to meet/ achieve their strategic tactical objectives.
- Provide robust challenge to management and all relevant business stakeholders where activities are outside risk tolerance/ appetite, escalating as necessary, until appropriate oversight and ownership is achieved including actions and plans to address any remedial action needed to come back within risk tolerance/ appetite.
- Work closely with the business to provide timely regulatory compliance advice to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and support the transition to pro-active and pre-emptive compliance and conduct risk mitigation.
- Establish and maintain effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address compliance risks (excluding financial crime) are effectively implemented and adhered to across Financial Markets.
- Provide support and challenge to the Bank’s senior management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with compliance policies, procedures and standards (including meeting regulatory obligations and maintaining high standards of conduct).
- In collaboration with relevant senior managers, support a programme for compliance monitoring, surveillance and assurance for Financial Markets.
- Ensure effective management of compliance matters, and in collaboration with the rest of the Compliance team, effectively manage regulatory issues that have a significant impact on the Bank.
- Collaborate with the other Products Compliance teams and the Compliance Management Group to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Bank and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks including global standards for conduct of business.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management in the Bank and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased. Ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice and dissemination of evolving regulatory changes/practices and associated risks, and proactive engagement in regulatory reform. Assist and work closely with Shared Investigative Services (SIS) in relation to investigations concerning the Financial Markets business.
- Provide reports to relevant Group and Business risk and control committees and management group on key compliance risks and issues.
- Maintain adequate management MI / trackers across all aspects of their coverage and responsibility to ensure all issues and matters are tracked, followed, regularly assessed and reported on.
- Within the Group's overall Risk Management Framework, establish and maintain appropriate risk based compliance frameworks for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting compliance (including regulatory and financial crime) risks across Financial Markets.
Regulatory & Business conduct
(This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CIB & CB Compliance teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets, Financial Crime Prevention; Creating the Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Head, Compliance, Financial Markets
- Head, Compliance, Financial Markets, Surveillance & Conduct Monitoring
- Product Heads, Compliance, Financial Markets
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Financial Markets, Communications Surveillance Compliance Team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Individual Portfolio (if any):
- Perform the initial review of the communications surveillance function to detect potential market abuse and irregular behavior that may lead to regulatory / compliance issues. Escalate flagged messages to the Communications Surveillance escalation team for further review and follow up.
- Assist in business analysis and project related work for enhancements, changes, and new initiatives within the FM Trade Surveillance / Communications Surveillance space.
- Support any ad hoc data retrievals and reviews from source, ie Bloomberg Vault, Reuters Messenger Compliance Module, OCS, and Ice Chat.
- Perform periodic review and escalation of chat room administration and usage monitoring
- Perform periodic manual monitoring by reviewing and escalating to the relevant parties.
- Follow up with Country Compliance, Business Compliance, Control Room, SIS team respectively on escalations sent to the Communications Surveillance escalation team
- Ensure proper log and record keeping for all escalation documents
- Academic or Professional Education / Qualifications; i.e. standards require for roles
- Licenses and Certifications / accreditations; i.e. internal / externally required
- Professional Memberships; i.e. require for roles for continuous development / improvement / awareness of current practices etc
- Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental – role specific, and regulatory / compliance bank wide & role specific
- Languages; i.e. those require for roles (English, Mandarin);
- Additional language capabilities (Japanese).