Branch Manager, Amanah (Klang Valley)
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 17 nov. 17 2017-11-17
Branch Manager, Amanah (Klang Valley)
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Representing the largest global Islamic financial services team of any international bank, HSBC Amanah provides a full suite of innovative Islamic products and services to retail and corporate customers around the world. Complementing HSBC's comprehensive range of global banking and financing solutions, HSBC Amanah leverages the Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to best serve the growing demand for this viable alternative to conventional financing in Malaysia.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our HSBC Amanah team in the role of Branch Manager, Amanah (Klang Valle, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Reporting directly to the Network Head, RBWM, Malaysia (MYH) Amanah the job holder mainly responsible to lead, develop and manage a branch team to ensure achievement of the business objectives and deliver the branch performance measures and plan. This will be achieved by creating and maintaining an environment where the job holder and their team maximise performance in achieving the Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) business objectives whilst providing the highest quality service. The job holder need to ensure the business is effectively run and manage their branch to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by Group. In delivering the business objectives the job holder must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by the Group, closely managing and driving the individual and collective performance of their team. Implementation of the Target Operating Model (TOM) requires the job holder to drive the Group standards in customer contact strategy based and delivery of those standards in accordance with any country specific requirements based upon a good understanding of the branch's personal and retail commercial customers, the potential customer base, local market conditions and competitor activity. A key responsibility is to identify and develop the people within the team, coaching and guiding them to maximise their potential and their contribution to our organisation. This will culminate in a succession plan for your business which delivers ongoing value to the organisation.
- To lead the team to deliver the Branch RBWM Performance measures and plan.
- Manage & coach the team to drive performance with a hands-on style to grow sales, productivity, service quality and staff engagement.
- To lead the Branch in line with the processes and activities in the TOM and other operational guidelines to achieve consistency of management of our people and delivery of service and sales to HSBC customers.
- To monitor and act on daily sales activity management information and other internal information tools, using them to coach the team and achieve the business goals.
- To use the principles and guidelines in the TOM to ensure customer needs are identified and they are matched to the appropriate member of the team to maximise the sales potential.
- Personally managing the sales floor on a regular basis.
- To ensure customer needs are met & direct the customer to the most appropriate Channel
- To train, maintain and develop your team to a level appropriate for the branch and commensurate with centrally agreed resource plans.
- To use appropriate performance management tools and undertaking individual performance reviews to maximise effectiveness of the team.
- To hold regular meetings with team members, and otherwise, to effectively communicate and address bank, region, branch and individual issues and successes.
- To work as part of a wider integrated team. Support others through direct and indirect actions beyond your own branch responsibilities.
- To ensure that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC Bank Product Life Cycle (PLC) Functional Instruction Manual (FIM), Business Instruction Manual (BIM) and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines.
- To ensure all processes for sales & operations are in place and manage within any agreed Authorities.
- To manage operational risk, by using relevant Management Information (MI) to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimise loss.
- To ensure branch lending (not including Commercial and Corporate) is undertaken and controlled in accordance with HSBC Bank plc Credit Policy by ensuring the appropriate use of credit and behavioural scored lending.
- To undertake Sales, Operational and Credit sampling in your branch.
- Possess strong team leadership and management, problem solving skills, analytical skills, planning and organising skills.
- Knowledgeable and experience in Retail sales.
- Proven ability in relationship management in the Retail sector.
- Preferably with Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Preferably with excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating.
- Coaching sales techniques, best practice and sales management on a team and one to one basis.
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market.
- Attain any internal standards as required by Country.