Capital Projects Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory MY
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 19 mai 18 2018-05-19
Capital Projects Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further
Corporate Real Estate
Corporate Real Estate (CRE) the key role of the Corporate Real Estate and Work Space Environment for the Bank. CRE are involved in project management, branch network development and design, facilities management, environmental and energy monitoring, fixed asset administration as well as being the custodian role of the property/premises expenditure planning for the Bank.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Capital Projects Manager (GCB 5).
The role holder will provide effective, compliant and functional management across the full breadth of the portfolio for the country. Requires comprehensive knowledge in area of specialism and a leading technical Subject Matter Expert, responsible for the sub-function being appropriately managed and services delivered in line with CRE strategy balancing performance, cost and risk mitigation. Responsible for leading and managing all outsourced services for the sub-function, resolving any underperformance or issues and value-add initiatives. Will be required to collaborate with and proactively manage stakeholders in the relevant business, functions and within CRE to maximise the integrated planning, budgeting, service enhancements and delivery for the Bank.
- As Subject Matter Expert (SME )of Facilities Management, the incumbent is expected to take proactive ownership, plan, drive and manage the respective functional area of Corporate Real Estate (CRE ) in country;
- Manage the portfolio and its services in line with the CRE strategy to ensure all BAU activities are effective ;
- Have high-level understanding of the contract(s) and the scope of services for both the supplier(s) and HSBC as well as lead and manage the relationship with supplier(s) as the main point of contact for the business to ensure delivery and adequate performance of services as outlined in the contract ;
- Collaborate with the supplier(s) to resolve any unforeseen issues and/or underperformance to ensure no negative impact on the business and ensuring all operational risks are managed and maintained at a level acceptable to regional and Group Risk functions and adequate governance and processes are in place ;
- Ensure all projects/services have been captured for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process and review and recommend any action on expenditure for builds, expansions, upgrades to ensure delivery to plan and budget.
- Ownership of all required data and systems to ensure they are updated in line with processes and reporting, to allow for effective planning, tracking and implementation of decisions;
- Working with the supplier(s ) and other CRE sub-functions as one team to ensure integrated delivery of CRE services;
- Act as primary interface with internal stakeholders ensuring relationships with supplier(s) exist where required and any internal barriers are overcome ;
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and keep in line with market practices. Share knowledge with CRE team and regionally.
- Convey any changes to the Bank's strategy to the supplier(s)
- Ensure compliance with all country legislation in relation to the function and single point of escalation for exceptional performance problems as well as ensuring appropriate approvals, planning and execution of services/projects are undertaken;
- Oversee the Bank's Third Party Risk Management requirements including any sample checking, are carried out if not undertaken at a global or regional level
- Professional qualification within relevant SME discipline with broad knowledge and experience in managing CRE SME activities and issues faced by large corporates ;
- Sound understanding of how banks operate, key challenges faced in the operating environment ;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects of timely and quality results
- Demonstrated results in delivering successful risk management and control processes
- Good understanding of technology platforms for SME and experience of transformation and deployment
- Demonstrated results in managing Suppliers and Supplier/stakeholder issues with the proven ability of prioritising competing demands and handle ambiguity;
- Good interpersonal and people management skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Strong organisationa l, planning and project management skills
- Ability to prepare high level presentations and summaries for senior executives
- Role model and advocate for HSBC acting at all times in a way that complies with the Banks code of conduct, ethics and stance on bribery
- Ability to grasp and understand new ideas and requirements and work independently
- Proactive, energetic/ enthusiastic, resilience, and a team player.
- Attention to details and ability to deliver results