Credit Initiation Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 17 janv. 18 2018-01-17
Credit Initiation Manager
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Credit Initiation Manager.
• Execute the Retail Risk Operations strategic direction and manage country Credit Initiation activities and processes effectively and efficiently.
• Work with Regional Retail Risk Operations, Country Credit Head (CCH) and other stakeholders in-country for smooth functioning of Credit Initiation processes and activities.
• To instil strong credit culture by setting highest standards and demanding these are maintained by all business partners within Retail Client.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Provide inputs in shaping the Retail Risk Operations strategic direction.
• Work with in-country stakeholders to deliver against the Retail Risk Operations strategic initiative.
• Optimise operating efficiency while balancing the effectiveness of decision making within the Retail Risk Operations function.
• Ensure the cost budget in Credit Initiation is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline.
• Identify, coordinate, drive and implement productivity projects for the country.
• Ensure that credit origination decisions are executed in line with the delegated authority while adhering to the process standards defined by CCO, Retail Clients.
• Lead and drive standardization, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives in the country for Credit Initiation.
• Manage capacity planning. Develop and maintain robust and scalable Credit Initiation processes to execute risk management policies and strategies.
• Leverage and build credit assessment infrastructure capability to optimize process efficiency.
• Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
• Implement the Operational Risk Framework in Retail Risk Operations and monitor the operational risk metrics to identify potential control weaknesses.
• Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
People and Talent
• Support the identification, engagement and retention of high quality CI professionals within the country.
• Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
• Ensure that holders of all critical roles are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Credit Initiation team. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
• Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation.
• Monitor through the door application quality and provide timely inputs to in-country stakeholders for optimizing risk and reward relationship.
• Ensure all Credit Initiation policies and procedures comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
• Provide oversight on Credit Initiation team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
• Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in Credit Initiation to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture.
• Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Candidate must have at least 8 years of working experience in Banking; inclusive of Credit Underwriting and/or Retail Risk operations experience.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now.