GTBE-RMA-Deesignated Compliance & Risk Officer (DCORO)
Job Purpose *
To assist the Head, GT - Technology Business Enablers to:
Manage risk and ensure risk compliance culture is embedded and practiced across all sub-units within Business Enablers
Perform periodic assurance of high risk areas within Business Enablers and ensure risk identified are treated appropriately
Work with GT - Technology Governance and Spend Analytics team to establish clear line of sight over the cost base of all sub-units within Business Enablers, track unit budget and forecast based on actuals.
Support Head, GT - Technology Business Enablers on areas/activities which do not fall specifically under the purview of the sub-unit heads within the Business Enablers. Key Responsibilities *
IT Risk Management
- C oordination and management of key risk area of the Unit.
- Support Group Risk, Group Compliance and GT - Governance & Spend Analytics in the Group's Operational Risk Framework and Business Continuity Management implementation.
- Review and monitor control issues and action plans.
- Risk reporting and analytics.
- Risk awareness training to Business Enablers staff.
IT Risk Assurance
- Perform risk assurance and independent review on identified high risk areas of the Unit and provide recommendation on risk mitigation and remediation actions.
- Review Standard Operating Procedures of the Unit to ensure compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Review audit and compliance reports, ensure audit and compliance findings are being tracked and rectified within the agreed timeframe.
Cost Management & Admin Support
- Assist Head, GT - Technology Business Enablers and sub-unit heads in preparation of Unit's annual budget, tracking budget vs actuals by working closely with GT - Technology Governance & Spend Analytics team.
- Support the Unit's administrative and HR fuctions such as office administration and maintenance, plan and manage office space, renovation and relocation matters, and management of HR related matters within GT - Technology Business Enablers.
Qualifications Job Specification *
- Cultivates a buddies system amongst team members in different units for backup and their personal development including cross skilling within the unit.
- Develop Succession planning programme.
- Create learning environment and develop staff potential.
- Build a successful team and retain top talents.
- Masters or Bachelor's Degree in the relevant discipline (IT / Accounting / Finance/Business / Economics / Banking).
Professional Qualification and Knowledge, such as member of recognized accounting bodies (MIA, ACCA, CPA), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT) will be an added advantage.
Required Competencies and Skills *
- 10 years of working experience in banking or financial services organizations.
- At least 5 years experience in IT Risk Management in Banking or within large organisation.
- At least 5 years of prior leadership position in a banking / finance role in established financial institutions.
- Strong in Microsoft Office competencies (Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Strong understanding of systems applications and be able to delve into technical details.
Proficient in key methodologies in Financial Analysis, IT Architecture, Design Thinking, Risk and Controls, Audit will be an advantage.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with business unit heads and back-office heads.
- Collaborate and build internal network well to seek synergies and external network for better understanding of industry practices.
- Share knowledge in a manner that enhances others' learning.