A prestigious funds house is looking for a senior risk professional to oversee and strengthen the operational, business and market/investment risk management governance and framework, reporting locally to the Chief Executive Officer and functionally to the respective Department Risk Heads in Head Office. A broad and strategic mandate to help shape a growing investment risk function and seen as a true partner to the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead the roll-out / localisation of the risk management policies, procedures, processes, methodologies and initiatives, taking into consideration local regulatory requirements.
- To promote and deepen risk awareness by working with Business Partners and other relevant stakeholders, providing support and advisory on the application of the risk policies, procedures, processes, methodologies, providing training (where applicable) and fostering a culture of risk management within the organisation.
- To lead and / or participate in risk committees and working groups that have been established to enhance governance and oversight over risk matters.
- Minimum a degree in finance / banking and with at least 10 years of relevant working experience in funds / asset management with exposure to operational risk, audit or operations, as well as business procedures development, monitoring and surveillance experience in a banking environment.
- Good understanding and knowledge of banking products (including investments; equity securities, fixed income securities, derivatives and mutual funds), processes (including risk modeling techniques), operations and regulations.
- Strong leadership and management ability. Able to exercise sound judgment and establish both strategic and tactical plans in the management of risk.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.