Sr Platform Proj Administrator
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 15 oct. 18
Sr Platform Proj Administrator
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Technical Skills Required
· Deep knowledge of Linux systems administrations / internals required.
· Strong on Shell Scripting /automation tools /Server build process.
· Strong knowledge on automation tools and framework (Ansible , Python, PHP).
· Must demonstrate background in designing, building, maintaining, tuning and optimising complex UNIX environments
· Clustering, Security compliance, patch management and Firewall knowledge Must.
· Minimum 3 years VERITAS Clustering and Volume manager essential.
· AWS Cloud framework knowledge and Cloud VM Provisioning knowledge.
· Background in VMWARE or consolidated environments desired.
· SAN and NAS configurations and troubleshooting on Unix and Windows Servers
· Must understand in detail supporting technologies like DB (Oracle RAC ), Networks, Storage (EMC,HDS) & Hardware (x86)
· Minimum 5 years experience performance tuning Linux and Windows OS
Banking industry experience would be added advantage
The Role Responsibilities
· Automate Unix Build Process end to end using Ansible playbooks and Python
· Work with Platform engineering, Infra Teams for all automation initiatives
· Review technical detail design for new assigned Projects and highlight if any issues.
· End-To-End support including Design review, Server builds, Post build configurations, Security scan (SAT) , Operational Test (OAT) and Go-Live
· OS Installation via ISO or Jumpstart technology and OS Customization with tuning
· Clustering setup and failover test for physical servers
· Work closely with Operations and Service delivery manager for Project completion timelines and status updates on daily and weekly basis.
· Constant efforts to identify technical enhancements
· Constant meetings with project stakeholders to keep them updated on the happenings
· Make sure Inventory and other documentation up-to-date for servers
· Assistance to the manager in Identifying areas of improvements on Process, Documentations , Tools Allocate right resource for the engagement
· Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies
· Weekly and Monthly reporting to Build team manager.
Nice to have RHEL Certified, Ansible Certification
Automation Tools Knowledge
Ansible, Python,, BMC Blade Logic
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.