VP Transactions Group Attorney
- Not Specified
- Mexico, Distrito Federal, Mexique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 janv. 18 2018-01-19
Attorney role in Mexico
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock’s Legal and Compliance team works with business teams to develop investment management products and business solutions that comply with the numerous legal and regulatory requirements to which BlackRock is subject and to deploy capital managed on behalf of clients. Legal and Compliance is responsible for, among other things, overseeing regulatory matters; coordinating litigation and legal proceedings; negotiating and structuring contracts and other complex transactions; providing ongoing legal advice to business regarding new and existing products, strategies and investments; establishing legal and compliance policies and procedures that meet applicable regulatory requirements and testing the operative effectiveness of those policies and procedures and conducting training.
L&C Infrastructure Transactions Group Attorney
We are searching for an experienced infrastructure transactional attorney that will provide legal coverage of various infrastructure equity and debt transactions and investments across the BlackRock investment platform in Mexico. This role will have key responsibility for supporting activities relating to (i) equity investments in and acquisitions of general energy and infrastructure projects, (ii) infrastructure debt, private equity and infrastructure project finance transactions and (iii) special situations alternatives transactions. The ideal candidate must have the ability to coordinate complex projects and transactions involving different business groups and multiple products.
- Legal support to the Mexico Infrastructure investment team and related internal functions.
- Lead transaction counsel on investments, manage transaction execution, review and negotiate full range of project and infrastructure investment documentation.
- Coordinate with business teams, product attorneys, compliance, tax, and operations teams regarding various infrastructure and energy transactions, including project M&A, project private placements, private equity investments, MLP transactions, PIPEs, co-investments, infrastructure debt financing (both sponsor and lender side), direct lending, restructurings, joint ventures and other similar transactions.
- Lead oversight of outside counsel.
- Review, draft and/or manage outside counsel review of investment documentation including purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, power purchasing agreements, construction and operating and management agreements, supply agreements, credit agreements, indentures, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements and other similar transactional documentation.
- Work closely with investment managers and other investment professionals and provide legal advice and support relating to investments.
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders to develop, establish and improve internal processes relating to investments.
- Coordinate with compliance teams with respect to information barriers, restricted list reviews, inside information, thresholds and other regulatory coverage areas.
- Analyze and manage a variety of regulatory issues affecting the BlackRock investment platform.
- A law degree and LLM with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school (in the appropriate jurisdiction, respectively).
- Seven to nine years' experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or the legal department of an asset manager, investment bank or other industry leading organization, preferably with at least one year of such experience in the United States.
- Transactional experience (equity and/or debt finance) and familiarity with investment funds.
- Experience advising fund managers and non-bank institutions as lenders or investors.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Other languages is an advantage.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with others and manage multiple time sensitive matters in a demanding, fast-paced and fluid environment.
- A business and solution-oriented approach to interacting and working with internal and external clients is critical for this role.
- Motivated team player with ability to work independently and potential to lead as necessary.
- Take initiative to anticipate, identify and analyze issues, generate alternative solutions and make decisions with little or no direction/supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, written and oral communication skills - must be able to resolve complex issues on a compressed timeline and to communicate complex concepts in an understandable way.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.