Operational Risk and Compliance Manager
- 45K - 70K + bonus
- Auckland, Nouvelle-Zélande Auckland Auckland NZ
- CDI, Plein-temps
- KPMG New Zealand
- 31 mai 18 2018-05-31
KPMG New Zealand's Risk and Regulatory Consulting team proactively helps clients to deliver their strategic objectives whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including regulatory compliance, risk and compliance, risk frameworks, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution and much more.
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and aims to provide the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
KPMG's Risk and Regulatory Consulting team proactively helps clients to deliver their strategic objectives whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including regulatory compliance, risk and compliance, risk frameworks, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution and much more.
The team offers the opportunity to work with a talented group of colleagues with a breadth of experience and a range of subject matter expertise. The team bring creative solutions to our client’s most critical risk challenges and transformational projects at a time of unprecedented focus on the risk agenda in the financial services industry in New Zealand and globally.
Due to significant demand for our services we are seeking managers and assistant managers who interested in or are open to moving to New Zealand, to support this exciting period of growth for our team. As well as bringing your own experience and insight, you will have the opportunity to broaden your expertise and profile through a range of interesting projects and with a wide set of clients across the financial sector.
Working as part of the risk and regulatory team and as a member of the wider advisory and consulting functions, you will be a key member of project and engagement teams, advising financial services clients on:
- The impact of evolving regulation on their business models, clients, propositions, brands and markets and supporting them on their journey through that change;
- Practical, proportionate, best practice approaches to risk and compliance management and mitigation;
- Risk oversight, systems and controls, reporting management information, risk management frameworks, policies and procedures and the embedding of risk culture throughout the product lifecycle and from the board through to the business
- You will have the opportunity to play a key role in client projects supporting client workshops and sessions, reviewing documents, overseeing junior staff and will be central to developing written reports of our findings and recommendations and deliverables.
- You'll also play an active role in the development of business for the team, including; supporting thought leadership, development of proposals and the identification of opportunities within client engagements
- Experience in a financial services risk, compliance or regulatory role and have a good understanding and experience of advising on, or practical implementation of:
- Core regulations and principles impacting financial services firms and their products and services
- Risk and compliance frameworks, risk management and associated methodologies.
- Good understanding of the key regulatory issues impacting our clients and their customers and areas of developing regulatory focus
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and identify opportunities to enhance revenue
- Industry recognised financial services, risk or compliance qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience in other related areas with transferable skills and capabilities e.g law, financial services business experience will be considered
- Inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.