Internal Control Officer
- Amersfoort, Utrecht, Pays-Bas
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 11 déc. 17 2017-12-11
In this challenging role with good growth opportunities the Internal Control Officer will be supporting process owners throughout the Group to maintain and in some cases (re)design the internal control framework.
Role: Internal Control Officer (Dutch speaking)
We are Renewi
Renewi plc created in 2017 by the merger of Shanks Group plc and Van Gansewinkel Groep B.V., is a €1.7bn revenue international waste-to-product business. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE250 index. With over 8,000 employees in Europe and North America, we have deep expertise and an extensive breadth of waste management products and services. Our vision is to be the leading waste-to-product company. We are delivering on a clear long-term strategy for growth through delivery of the merger benefits, sustained margin expansion through self-help initiatives, strategic expansion into growth areas through innovation and investment, and active management of the business portfolio. We are ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources. Our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
In this challenging role with good growth opportunities the Internal Control Officer will be supporting process owners throughout the Group to maintain and in some cases (re)design the internal control framework. The Internal Control Officer will work closely with both the Group Team and the Division Teams. This position will require you to have a strong big picture focus, without losing sight of the details to ensure you fully understand the challenges, risks and processes to develop the internal controls.
Input to the internal control and audit policies and procedures are highly valued and contribute to the success of the department.
The Internal Control Officer will be based in the Netherlands with frequent travel across Netherlands and Belgium and occasional travel to the UK. The position offers an overview of the whole Group as part of a small HQ team. You report directly to the Internal Control & Audit Manager.
As Renewi is a listed company in the UK an efficient and compliant environment is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and essential within the finance organisation.
- Develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance.
- Responsible for the development of the Internal Control Framework across Renewi. Review existing controls in place and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Preparation and analysis of the reports on the execution of the controls and compliance with the Internal Control Framework. Results are shared, discussed and followed up with Division teams and Group Team. Educate and train others on internal control and address specific training and development needs to fill control gaps.
- Verify compliance with the key control framework and relevant policies by performing internal reviews, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Where needed action plans or improvement project are initiated in collaboration with the Internal Control & Audit Manager and Division Teams.
- Act as a true Business partner of Division Finance Teams without losing sight of the importance of compliance.
Master degree in Economics or another Finance related field
- 5 years relevant experience in finance or auditing. either within a (Big 4) audit firm and/or in an international corporate environment.
- Prior experience within Risk & Compliance or Internal Control role, finance experience is preferred.
- Analytical, structured, energetic, pragmatic and organised with attention to detail.
- Able to build processes and lay foundations with a passion for continuous improvement
- Willing and able to partner with a hands on mentality and a self-starter
- Good project management skills
- And maybe most important an open mind-set and willing to learn
- Stong communication skills and able to communicate across various levels within the Group
Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbally and written (French is a plus)
Of course we offer you a competitive salary for this role based on education and experience. But we do not only compensate our employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. That is why we invest in our employees to develop themselves in a challenging and varied job, within an organisation that keeps moving. We have a flat organisation structure which helps the short lines of communication. Because of these short lines the atmosphere is open and informal.
Respond immediately via the 'Apply' button. Would you like some information first? Please contact Christel Jongh, Manager Recruitment, tel: +31 (0)4075 14000.
Is this job description is not for you, but do you know someone who would fit perfectly? Send him/her this vacancy.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Controller, Financial Analyst, Risk & Compliance Officer.