Employment Law Counsel, Gallia
- Amsterdam, Hollande-Septentrionale, Pays-Bas
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 déc. 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
Supports the Employment Law function at geography level (i.e. Gallia) by providing employment-related legal advice, providing training and creating standard documentation, performing legal research, overseeing litigation and pre-litigation matters with external counsel, and drafting and revising materials on internal legal and transactional matters, which concern labor and employment law issues.
- Provide operational and strategic support to outsourcing deals in Gallia. Advise on contractual aspects of outsourcing deals, on the risk management, on the transition of staff into Accenture and on the impact of the outsourcing business to Accenture's internal organisation.
- Provide operational and strategic support to acquisitions in Gallia.
- Provide operational and strategic support to labour relations in the area.
- Oversee and provide support to litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with Employee Relations team and external counsel.
- Contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on Employment legal and business issues for the region.
- Manage employment law projects in Gallia, overseeing Employment attorneys in the region and advising HR, Legal and management as appropriate.
- Assure the quality of Employment law delivery in Gallia by providing Employment support appropriate to needs, and integrating external support as required.
- Manage and oversee outside counsel relationships with law firms in Gallia including managing the budget.
- Act as legal advisor on Employment issues to executives in the Geography, including Legal professionals.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesise the information to incorporate it into company practices.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team.
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior through senior levels of Legal attorneys within region as appropriate.
- Educate senior company executives with regard to legal and risk management issues in the region.
- Make recommendations and escalate to the Senior Manager Employment Law Gallia on material Employment issues.
- Work with Legal Geographical Leads as appropriate.
Reports to Senior Manager Employment Law Gallia
Coordinates external counsel
Outside law firms
Graduate level and Admitted to practice as an advocate in Gallia ( France, Belgium or The Netherlands).
- Significant experience of employment law in France and Benelux , with limited requirement for direct supervision
- Strong experience in practicing employment law on European projects.
- Relevant experience to cover full range of local employment law matters, including specifically:
- Employment terms and conditions (e.g. pay and benefits, working time, termination, restrictive covenants)
- Equality and diversity matters
- Grievances and Disciplinary matters
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Trade unions/ collective rights
- Employment Status / Agency workers
- Project management of cross border initiatives
- Strong experience advising management of large companies.
- Proven presentational and training capabilities
Some travel required, primarily within the Gallia region.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- In depth knowledge of employment law issues in France, Belgium or the Netherlands as well as a s trong experience with employment law projects in Europe is required
- Bi-lingual French and Dutch speaker preferred
- Ability to work closely with wide range of personnel, including frequent interaction with top-level executives.
- Ability to work with personnel both internally and externally across the world.
- Superior negotiation and litigation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence, strong executive presence
- Able to present innovative, original solutions and to act as a strategic thinker
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills