AML Surveillance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
- Serve as a Senior AML Surveillance Analyst
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risks in the Bank.
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the Bank.
- As an AML subject matter expert provide direction and guidance to employees on appropriate remediation action for high risk accounts.
- Timely execution of instructions
- Assist with money laundering related queries/questionnaires received from Corresponding Bank such as BNPPNY
- Investigate, review and resolve AML related and economic sanction related alerts
- Ensure proper investigation of suspicious transactions or money laundering alerts.
- Assist with AML Compliance Training especially on identification and reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Assist in the development of in-person AML/Economic Sanctions Compliance Training for new employees
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports or as necessary
- Obtain documentary proof of suspicious transactions and ensure effective record keeping of suspicious transaction identified and reported to the CAS in line with the local requirements
- To participle in ad-hoc projects, tool development projects as well as in the drafting of procedures when in relation to the monitoring of transactions,
- Participate in the ongoing developments related to Norkom (parameters, processes, etc) and Safewatch in liaison with the MOA and Head Office.
- Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Adhering to principles & values
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Learning & Researching
- Planning and Organising
- University Graduate
- Minimum 6-8 years' relevant Compliance experience some of which must be within a Financial Institution
- Ideally have prior experience in Wealth Management Transaction Surveillance