Agile Transformation Coach
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Agile Transformation Coach will work with the Financial Market Technology leaders and the delivery teams to drive the transformation and adopt the new ways of working holistically. The Agile Transformation coach will closely work with the squads to develop a value-driven culture and state of the art agile practices/processes. As a subject matter expert, will assist the transformation lead in providing direction and guidance throughout the transformation journey. The Transformation Coach will utilize in-depth knowledge of the agile best practices, development guidelines and culture to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the FM portfolio.
Based on his/her background, the Agile Transformation coach will be also empowered to drive the delivery of specific FM initiatives to practice and demonstrate the Agility benefits.
- The Transformation Coach is an Individual contributor that trains and coaches teams within the framework of agile and devOps methodologies.
- Executes the Agile transformation strategy on the ground within the squads/programmes prioritized under the Agile transformation roadmap:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Bootstraps new squads federated around strategic goals and initiatives.
- Delivers trainings: Agile essentials, Scum Masters, Product Owners, Kanban, team-based training, TDD, etc...
- Facilitates workshops: visioning, design thinking,
- Delivers coaching: assists the teams with the Agile ceremonies, gives recommendations on the bottlenecks identified in the prioritization/delivery pipeline, mentors and coaches individual squads members, recommends and configures collaboration tools (Mural, iObeya, JIRA, Trello, etc...)
- Implements and co-creates the transformation metrics
- Helps to build/maintain communities between the teams; Chapters, Guilds/Disciplines, Design authorities, Testing, Configuration Management, etc
- Trains and educates the teams stakeholders and senior leadership: end-users (story writing, Agile leadership, etc..)
- Identifies and escalates the transformation impediments to the management team.
- Nurtures an environment focused on successful product delivery and continuous improvement while building a workplace that people are excited to be a part of, where success is celebrated and gratitude is freely given.
- Promotes an engineering culture of innovation by trying new approaches and techniques in line with the transformation objectives, generates ideas across the Squads (community of practitioners, Excellerator, SC Ventures, etc...).
- Works closely with the Product Owners and Chief Product Owners to ensure that the delivery organisation is aligned with the business objectives and scorecard.
- Partners with other teams through a federated model to optimise the value delivered by the Squads (DevOps, changes and governance, COO, HR, SCM, etc....)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Additional qualifications which will be an asset:
- Excellent knowledge of the SDLC processes and deliverables (traditional and Agile)
- 7+ years' experience in technology and working in an agile environment
- Good understanding of the Financial Markets environment
- Significant delivery experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, Project/Programme Manager or IT integrator.
- Good understanding and experience with various scaling framework (SaFE, LeSS, DAD, SOS, etc...)
- Excellent devOps knowledge (SDLC practices and collaborative tools; JIRA, Trello, Confluence, Mural)
- Experience with building and growing cross-functional teams multi-located
- Experience in coaching and delivering trainings: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Agile essentials, Kanban, User Stories management, Agile Leadership and other role-based trainings (Tribe Lead, Chapter Lead, etc...)
- Excellent facilitation techniques to drive various types of ceremonies/events (Kanban, planning sessions, refinement, workshops, etc...)
- Excellent knowledge of the backlog management techniques: estimations techniques, story slicing and distribution, MoSCOW, etc...
- Excellent interpersonal skills; solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Curious and empathetic.
- A3, Dynamic Work Design
- LUMA trainings/certifications
- Advanced professional certification in Agile software Development is desired (ex: Certified Scrum Practitioner, Scaled Agile Practitioner (SPC4), Professional SCRUM Trainer - SCRUM org, Certified Professional Agile Coach - ICAgile...)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.