Assistant Manager, Transaction Banking, Trade Finance Product Team
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (BTMU), a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MUFG), is Japan’s premier bank, with a global network spanning more than 40 countries. Outside of Japan, BTMU offers an extensive scope of commercial and investment banking products and services to businesses, governments and individuals worldwide.
In the Asia and Oceania region, BTMU has presence in 13 key markets with 32 offices and closed to 4,500 employees serving largely corporate and institutional clients. Singapore has served as the regional headquarters for South Asia, South-east Asia and the Oceania region since July 2013. While the regional headquarters for the East Asia region remains in Japan.
BTMU’s parent MUFG is one of the world’s leading financial groups with total assets of JPY 258.1 trillion by the end of March 2014. MUFG’s services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Group’s operating companies include BTMU, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms. MUFG’s shares are traded on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges respectively.
Purpose of the Role: Support Transaction Banking Office, Trade Finance Product Team in product management responsibilities primarily related to Trade and Supply Chain Finance Products for the Region.
• Lead or support (as required) Country Specific Product Management Initiatives related to country strategy development, product development, in-country product approvals and commercialization;
• Provide Centre of Expertise capabilities in Trade and Supply Chain Finance Products to Countries within Region, Regional Sales, Coverage and Functional Stakeholders and HQ (when required). This includes advisory and training;
• Drive Strategic Product Development at the Regional Level, especially as they relate to TBAO Specific KPIs;
• Manage functional stakeholders at HQ, Regionally and In-Country;
• Develop and promote new product capabilities which:
- Improve operational efficiencies;
- Reduce Operational Risks;
- Provide new revenue streams;
- Enhance MUFG’s global reputation in the Transaction Banking space.
• Develop and promote product capabilities through well-thought out and structured business cases which balances MUFG’s risk/reward paradigm.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Finance or related fields
• Desirable to have at least 2-3 years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• Administrative experience is desirable
• Fluent communicator
• Ability to work independently with good work attitude and an excellent team player
• Good organization and facilitation skills
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.