- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 24 août 17
Assistant Manager / Manager - Stress Test Governance, Group Finance
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.SCB is a highly reputable top tier commercial and investment bank enjoying continued growth in Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Due to organic growth, the bank is seeking a person with 7-9 years working experience to join their stress test team within the Group Finance function.
The team is in a unique position to support and advise product, segment, or country stakeholders, while interfacing with Group leadership including CFO's, Treasurers, CRO's, and global heads.
The role is in the Group Finance Stress Test team, an area that is dynamic and high-profile. Expectations on the job are set high. Growth opportunities are attractive, as the job offers a platform towards more senior or diverse roles in the team, finance, business and key strategic functions.
Stress Testing is a key risk management tool to ensure that, under various scenarios, the Bank understands and identifies areas of risk within the Bank's portfolio's, products, and structure, to support decision making to proactively mitigate or respond to these risks. It also supports regulators in their supervisory capacity of the Bank.
Exercises include the Bank's Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) Stress Tests, the Bank-of-England (BOE) Stress Test, Reverse Stress Tests, and Resolution and Recovery Stress Tests.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will play a key role in governing the Finance stress test workstream and ensure the Finance stress test results are accurate and impactful. There will be a steep learning curve to understand the regulatory requirements, assurance processes, modelling methodology, data, and results. This is required as the candidate will be responsible for the project management of each stress test exercise, business advisory and MI reporting of stress test results, and ensuring that appropriate assurance requirements have been met.
The candidate will need the following core skills:
* Analytical skills to understand, reconcile, and draw out appropriate conclusions,
* Communication skills to present results and conclusions, influence and propose actions for stakeholders,
* Stakeholder management skills to maintain positive dialogue and relationships across the Bank.
* Project management skills to ensure that timelines and deliverables are met and at a high quality.
Specific responsibilities for the job include the following:
1. Stress Test Governance
* Assist to support a strong and comprehensive governance structure within Group Finance Stress Test team.
* Maintain the documentation of the stress testing process map, controls, model methodology, compliance framework for the department.
* Support reporting manager to minimise audit findings / issues especially on model validation.
* Help to develop lessons learnt process to ensure all issues are addressed and closed for all Stress Test exercises.
* Involved in adhoc capital or liquidity projects, including adhoc stress tests, regulatory reporting changes, and other change initiatives.
2. Stress Test Delivery
* Help in the coordination of the Finance Stress Test workstream and alignment with other workstreams.
* Interfacing with the Data, Modelling and Analytics teams to ensure regulatory requirements are met as stipulated by the Regulator or by internal reporting requirements.
* Assist to align methodology, assumptions, and results with other workstreams.
* Defining and ensuring adherence to roles and responsibilities within the department.
* Meeting all assurance requirements including policies and procedures, controls, operational risk assessments, and internal audit reviews.
3. Operational Risk Framework
* Assist on documentation of full Stress Test process for better controls and risk assessment.
* Help to minimise the outstanding Audit findings / issues with mitigation actions.
* Facilitate plans to ensure that the department has minimal residual risk assessment with improvement made to the Ops risk framework.
Qualifications and Skills
Educational Background / Qualifications & Skills:
* Strong academic record at bachelor or master degree level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution
* Keen learner profile with an interest in the commercial banking or global market business
* Excellent communication, power point, and excel skills, supported by a good eye for details, basic common sense and a zest of creativity
* Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions
* Good interpersonal skills and strong cross-cultural awareness
* Qualification towards CFA or FRM will be considered positively
* Broad business, strategy, credit, finance, treasury, or regulatory reporting of at least 5-7 years in the banking or financial services industry
* Track-record of gathering complex information, making sense of it and delivering clear, high-impact messages for decision-making.
* Proven ability to interact with multiple functions / levels and to coordinate deliverables from various inputs under tight deadlines
* Prior exposure to issues around market strategy, client planning, asset allocation, liquidity, Basel framework, balance sheet, risk management and /or Treasury
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.