Assistant Vice President, Business Control Specialist
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 19 juil. 18 2018-07-19
Assistant Vice President, Business Control Specialist
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Global Wholesale Banking Technology & Operations is seeking to expand its services & infrastructure in Asia. The business is looking for dynamic and talented individuals to support the strategy in order to meet the growth demands from clients and client management groups in the product areas of Payments/Wire, Trade & Credit Services, Bank Notes, Commercial cards etc.
We are currently seeking a Business Control Specialist to join our team. Working with 12 countries and 19 branches, together with a team of 7 individuals located in 4 different countries, your role will be to manage a portfolio of activities that are essential to the smooth running of our Risk responsibilities across the region. The role offers an opportunity to learn and help restructure/enhance Payments Operations processes across the APAC region, working in close partnership with Treasury Sales, Compliance, Audit and Operational Risk. It is also the perfect path to a greater understanding of the activities that form part of a Service & Fulfillment organization, learning the flow all the way from client implementation and onboarding, opening new accounts, to a successful processing of their payment instructions. This role offers huge learning opportunities and opens a path into potential new avenues within the FSO organization or within the Bank itself.
• Working as part of the Risk Assessment team (7 staff), closely collaborating with Regional BCMR, GBAM Risk & Controls, as well as our Global TFSO Business Controls team
• Act as a primary point of contact in the shape of a 'Geography Lead' for the Malaysia Branch. This will involve the following responsibilities (and more):
• Issue Management, including front to back flow of raising SIAIs all the way to remediation and closure of milestones, AIAIs, CIAIs, as well as Horizontal Assessment of issues that might be impacting multiple branches in APAC or Globally
• Operational Events Management (Operational Loss, Near Miss, Timing Event, Privacy event), from logging of event into application all the way through to funds recovery, reporting, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and gap remediation
• Daily Escalation management for incidents impacting the issues within the geography owned, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and gap remediation
• Audit, Exam, Inspection Management, preparation and delivery
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities (both inline and post process)
• Performing of Onsite Assessments to inspect Branches and recommend gap remediation
• Working with Branches on the review of the LOB's Process Risk Control Inventory (PRC) and definition of controls for each of the risks associated with operating processes
• Working with Branches on the review and strengthening of QA and QC routines for each of the processes performed in each location (both from an inline QA and a Day 2 test of Controls perspective)
• Participate to and own deliverables from Globally owned TFSO SIAIs, these could be short term projects as well as longer term remediation
• Provide support on both TFSO and CFSO products, owned by the APAC Branches
• Own reporting routines specific to the branches being supported, as well as participate to team reporting, locally in APAC as well as globally
• Participate to all APAC routines including monthly Key Risk Review deck production, as well as Daily and Weekly routines managed by the team. Participate to global routines with global team, based in US and EMEA
• Twice a week review of weekly GBAM dashboard to ensure there are no outliers
• At least 4-5 year work experience in general, with ideally 1-2 years in a Risk Management capacity (BCMR, FLU Risk Support, Operational Risk role or other)
• Knowledge of Treasury Payments processing a strong requirement, Credit or Trade Operations experience a plus
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control skillset and previous experience a must
• Project Management education and experience a must
• Good communication skills to be able to connect with different branches and cultures and adjust the message accordingly
• Ability to create presentation decks and confidently present to senior leaders, good negotiating and influencing skills
• Independent, structured in thoughts and organized, good time management
• A proactive learner and self-starter, able to own tasks start to end
• Good level of skill with excel and able to extract data and perform data analytics
• Ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously
Posting Date: 09/07/2018
50 COLLYER QUAY - OUE BAYFRONT
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40